Author Topic: Minor suggestions for future releases  (Read 4874 times)

Offline zebrastripes

• Newbies
Minor suggestions for future releases
« on: May 31, 2010, 06:16:34 AM »
Here's what I would like to see in future FB Alpha releases, if you don't like them or if they are not feasible could you provide reasons as to why. Thanks

1. Dat creator for individual systems (e.g. Konami only, Neogeo only, CPS1 only), this would make auditing separate systems easier for those who only collect certain systems.

2. Reset button, for reloading roms without the need to go back to the "Select Game" screen when errors occur due to whatever reason (bad cheats etc.)

3. Option to completely hide the filter box after choosing which system/s and their games are to be shown.

That is all.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: Minor suggestions for future releases
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 01:39:20 PM »
Here's what I would like to see in future FB Alpha releases, if you don't like them or if they are not feasible could you provide reasons as to why. Thanks

1. Dat creator for individual systems (e.g. Konami only, Neogeo only, CPS1 only), this would make auditing separate systems easier for those who only collect certain systems.
Don't rom manager utilities do this for you?

2. Reset button, for reloading roms without the need to go back to the "Select Game" screen when errors occur due to whatever reason (bad cheats etc.)
More often than not, those types of errors will crash fba.  It really isn't that big of a deal to go back to the select game dialog is it? There is the "most recent games..." menu too. ^^

3. Option to completely hide the filter box after choosing which system/s and their games are to be shown.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here...

Offline KaaMoS

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 03:23:05 PM »
Hi IQ!!

1. I've a little request for "Select Game" window.
For me, would be good to have a filter search (like a search bar).

So I could type any word and game list would show its concordances (this time on any word of game's name, instead of its first letter).

2. My second request is (if it's possible), is to combine "Shot Factory" and "Palette Viewer" along with a checkbox for adding an unusual color instead of the black background (for example, pink (255,0,255). This would make of "Shot Factory" an stronger utility.

For now "Shot Factory" and "Palette Viewer" can't be used at the same time.

OK, IQ_132, CaptainCPS-X and other FBA Team Members, thanks for reading me! ;)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 03:25:51 PM by KaaMoS »

Offline zebrastripes

• Newbies
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 12:53:30 AM »
Thanks for your reply, you can scratch the first two suggestions. Perhaps the "Select Game" window could be made similar to the one found in Final Burn Evolution 3.04. Its simple and intuitive.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 05:55:37 AM by zebrastripes »