Author Topic: FB Alpha Enhanced Future  (Read 15598 times)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
FB Alpha Enhanced Future
« on: February 13, 2008, 08:44:12 PM »
Hi there guys, as the title says, in this thread I plan to talk about the future of my FBA Enhanced build. Probably some of you are wondering at this point, why?, and well It's because I have been working on the experimental version of FBA Enhanced R16 for a long period of time and haven't been happy enough with the current stability of R16 to do a release of it.

First let me point some things that have been done for R16 experimental build (not released):

* Neo Geo CD support with the following updates:
- completely separated the NeoGeo CD emulation core from NeoGeo ( src/burn/snk/neogeo/ ) ( src/burn/snk/neogeocd/ )
- added a module to handle CUE files and process ISO / MP3 / WAV files as needed
- fixed preliminary Z80 sound problems for Aero Fighters 2 / 3 and IronClad (probably other games are fixed too but haven't tested all)
- fixed cdda for Aero Fighters 3, it was trying to play the previous track. (Ex. track # 6 - 1 = track # 5)
- SDL removed to play cdda, now it uses raw c++ libs.
- cleaned lot of stuff not needed by NeoGeo CD.
- other things i dont remember right now ^^U...

* Sega Genesis driver for FBA made by OopsWare with the following updates:

- structured genesis driver into: ( src/burn/sega/genesis/ )
- genesis.h (main header with prototypes, definitions, externs, etc)
- genesis_run.cpp  (main init, reset, frame, exit, handlers, mapping, etc)
- genesis_drw.cpp (drawing stuff)
- genesis_snd.cpp (sound stuff)
- genesis_cart.cpp (the cartridge stuff, can be removed in the future since the mount / unmount is not needed anymore (cartridge.h has been removed too) )
- d_genesis.cpp (driver structure, input structure, etc)

* Added all of IQ_132 new drivers.
* Added latest updates to the CPS3 driver.
* Kaillera DLL is not needed to run FBA, you can use it with or without it just fine ^^.
* Other stuff >___>...

Ok, so that are the most important things added for R16 experimental version (the things I remember right now xD), and what I want to say to all of you waiting for this next release is that I will probably leave some of the things like NeoGeo CD in experimental WIP, and because of that it will not be added to the next release, so are the Genesis updates too.

Those updates are great and all, but I was trying to make them work more than they are right now, and I dont think they are ready to be released since they will probably cause lot of problems when using FBA Enhanced. Probably in the future the drivers will be more stable to do a release but for now I just dont want to deliver a unstable build of FBA Enhanced.

I will start doing a clean R16 build from my latest R15 with other updates that were needed without including NeoGeo CD / Genesis until they are more stable as I said previously.

I hope everyone understand why I will start a clean R16 build, Im just trying to be a good programmer and not to release something not ready to be released, like Microsoft do lot of times xD

As soon as I make this clean build I will release it, for now Im recovering from a freaking type of Flu that got me, when I get better I will start the remake  :smilie:.

Sorry if I didnt explain some stuff to good, Im feeling sick and cant concentrate on writing like always ^^U.

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline 0746

• Expert
Re: FB Alpha Enhanced Future
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 09:16:17 PM »
Nice!!! The long expected R16 is coming =)

Offline Aquashark

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 03:20:36 AM »
awwww... :(
i was so expecting the Genesis support

anyway get well soon!

Offline MasterPhW

• Newbies
    • Emulation Flame
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 09:28:17 AM »
Yeah, it's the best idee, to release a R16 with fixes and tweak instead of an uncomplete R16 with unfinished features.
My Portable Rig: Intel C2D T7250 (2x2.0Ghz, 800Mhz) | 2048 MB DDR2 PC800 | Geforce Go 7950 GTX PCI-E | Realtek HD Audio |
180Gbyte Internal SATA2 + 6x500GB external | Windows Vista Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

Offline Bonky0013

• Newbies
  • FBA Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 04:44:14 AM »
Hello CaptainCPS-X ,

Thanks for the best fba build  :biggrin: .
And more thanks for the "free-time" to create it.
I'm waiting the next release.
Take your time  :biggrin:

PS : Is it possible to convert your FBA drivers to the fbaxxx pro ?

Best regards from france   

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 02:46:08 PM »
PS : Is it possible to convert your FBA drivers to the fbaxxx pro ?

I'm not cap, but I can answer that.  Most of the new drivers will work just fine on the X-Box, with the
exception of CPS-3 (it takes too much cpu & too much ram [needs ~1ghz & 100+mb] and PGM (takes too much ram, but would probably work just fine with a virtual ram setup like neogeo does for it's graphics).

Offline Bonky0013

• Newbies
  • FBA Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 08:09:25 PM »
I'm not cap, but I can answer that.  Most of the new drivers will work just fine on the X-Box, with the
exception of CPS-3 (it takes too much cpu & too much ram [needs ~1ghz & 100+mb] and PGM (takes too much ram, but would probably work just fine with a virtual ram setup like neogeo does for it's graphics).

Hello iq_132  :biggrin:

Thanks for that.
I Try to compile Fbaxxx...This week  :biggrin: . It's my first test for " compile ".I want to progress  :p
Difficult i think....  :biggrin:
Bye  ;p

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 10:25:07 PM »
Hi everyone!,  I got some good news and some bad news  :redface:...

The good news is that R16 remake is like 80% done and the issues left should be fixed asap.

The bad news is that, Im currently using my laptop (where I dont have a backup of the latest source) and my desktop PC is not complete right now, ..the main video card is a PCI-X plugged into a Intel Motherboard that doesnt have an integrated video card, ..so the problem Im having right now is that my PCI-X video card is not working and I dont have a backup video card right now, this issue happened some days ago and I told IQ via MSN, ..but I didnt post about this because I was trying to solve my problem first.

As I write this post my desktop PC still without a video card to get it running, so FBA R16 will stay 80% done until I can buy a new video card.

Im so sorry to tell you this sad news for those waiting the so expected build, ...I know Im doing this for free and all, but I just like to keep my word about FBA Enhanced.

I hope most of you if not all, can understand my situation, I definitely will make this so expected release one of a kind, so when I get my new video card I will make it the best build I ever made, you will be the judges  :p

SeeYaa!

Offline Athelstone

• Newbies
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 08:59:26 AM »
No need to apologize Cap, take your time - there's no rush. Thanks for all your work with FBA.

Offline Lemonzest

• Newbies
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 09:36:19 AM »
Take your time, its pretty much perfect at the min, and i'm really loving it.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Athelstone
No need to apologize Cap, take your time - there's no rush. Thanks for all your work with FBA.

Quote from: Lemonzest
Take your time, its pretty much perfect at the min, and i'm really loving it.

ThanX guys for understanding ^^ I hope others understand too, btw Welcome to NeoSource Lemonzest  :smilie: , I hope you like the forums, remember to feel free to post anything related to any of the forums topics or if you have any suggestions for the site / forums too.

SeeYaa!

Offline Death Metal

• Crimson Blade
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 09:34:24 PM »
Hey Cap. Long time I don't post, so I'm a little lost right now.

I've been checking the threads, but there's so much to see... I didn't even know you guys were this far with the CPS-3 emulation on FBA! Amazing! :eek:

Anyway, by no means this is a demand, but just a question. With all the recent updates and apparent emulation of the SH-2 core, will you be adding support for more Cave games? Partcularly I've been anxious to see Power Instinct 2 and Metamoqester being emulated in FBA for the longest time.

Thanks and awesome work you and everyone else! It's so good to see that FBA emulation hasn't died; rather, it looks stronger than ever! :biggrin:

Edit: oh, the typos.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 09:37:24 PM by Death Metal »

Offline NiuuS

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 08:19:31 AM »
Yeah, it's the best idee, to release a R16 with fixes and tweak instead of an uncomplete R16 with unfinished features.

+1.

I was beginning to worry that i hadn't seen a new release of this great FB Alpha branch. Although i was relieved when i saw some collaborations by CaptainCPS-X in the official FB Alpha.

Im so sorry to tell you this sad news for those waiting the so expected build, ...I know Im doing this for free and all, but I just like to keep my word about FBA Enhanced.

I hope most of you if not all, can understand my situation, I definitely will make this so expected release one of a kind, so when I get my new video card I will make it the best build I ever made, you will be the judges  :p

No prob, take your time.

BTW, seeing as this build filled all my FB Alpha needs, and with the upcoming NeoGeoCD driver, i got some suggestions, feel free to add them only if you like, if you can't/won't, it's fine.

Some checkboxes for "Load Game..." option:
- Disable CRC text
- Filter by any term (e.g. "street").
- IPS patch support. (this is the one i'd love the most)

GUI arrangement:
- Memory card options in a submenu.
- UI Language options in a submenu.
- Show the resolution "info" in the "Blitter Options" for SoftFX, as in Enhanced Direct3D 7 Blitter ("Blitter Options > SoftFX algorithm)
- Save decrypted ROMs (for Neo Geo & CPS2)
- AVI recording. (this would be a bonus, but not really a must)

Thx for your great work Cap.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 08:38:39 AM by NiuuS »

Offline lxd_bruce

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 04:44:13 AM »
Kof2112 has released the FBA Shuffle SRC.

Captain, you can add IPS V3 to your FBA Enhanced now.  :biggrin:

Offline 0746

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 02:22:34 AM »
any chance of seeing a linux/sdl port?