Author Topic: Any plans for N64 Support?  (Read 5210 times)

Offline Proxyx

Any plans for N64 Support?
« on: February 17, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »
Hello All! 

I used to think Finalburn Alpha was the best emulator available, then I found Finalburn Alpha Enhanced.  A truly incredible implementation. 

My understanding is that Genesis support will be included in the R16 build.  Are there plans to include support for other systems such as the N64 or Killer Insinct?

Offline 0746

• Expert
Re: Any plans for N64 Support?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 04:29:56 AM »
hahaha

I hope final burn doesn't turn into mame. I can understand genesis and neogeo cd being 68k based and cps3...dunno why its there. But well...the official fba team would need to change their project description =) if they wanted to fit everything in

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 11:06:54 AM »
Hello All! 

I used to think Finalburn Alpha was the best emulator available, then I found Finalburn Alpha Enhanced.  A truly incredible implementation. 

My understanding is that Genesis support will be included in the R16 build.  Are there plans to include support for other systems such as the N64 or Killer Insinct?

Hi there, ^^ I will answer this because I feel like I have too  :p...

first of all FBA is the best! ^^...and FBA enhanced is just an updated version Im making with some nice features and enhancements, but the real deal is the official FBA ^^, guys like Treble Winner (Barry) have done pretty nice work over the time, so I like that they (the FBA Team + the creator of FinalBurn [Dave]) have the real credits for everything related to FB / FBA...

You're right, Genesis is actually in my R16 experimental build, but as I have posted some days I will not add it in my new remake of R16 since the driver need some adjustments and because of that it's making the experimental build very unstable creating input issues and stuff like that. BUT, I will do release the driver separately so others can work on the stuff that need work  ;p, so lets hope others give a hand on this, or the same OopsWare that probably may have the issues solved in his WIP (btw, I havent seen him for a while, I hope he is OK ^^).

and finally to answer the topic of this thread, N64 support.... I really don't think N64 will be added into FBA or my FBA Enhanced, why?.. well because first of all, FBA it's an Arcade emulator, and yeah it's something nice to have support for Genesis too, but this exception is real because of the fact that Genesis uses the same core as most of the arcade machines emulated in FBA, so it's pretty cool to have it implemented too into FBA because of that. There are other systems that make use of some CPU's emulated by FBA but they are not implemented because of the focus that FBA project has. I would consider the Genesis driver in FBA as a Misc driver, not an Arcade driver. ...but if we add N64 or PSX or any other console to FBA, then FBA would need another checkbox called "consoles" xD... I will not say it isn't amazing to have that, but it would make FBA different and probably very disoriented to emulating something specific, it would not be FBA anymore  :S.

But hey! xD, be happy because FBA Rules emulating Arcade systems!! ^^ (plus Arcade based consoles too  :biggrin:)

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline Lemonzest

• Newbies
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 11:14:48 AM »
Cant wait for NeoGeo CD :D