Author Topic: Bee Storm (DoDonPachi II) and Demon Front in game list FIX  (Read 6251 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Bee Storm (DoDonPachi II) and Demon Front in game list FIX
« on: March 27, 2014, 02:38:05 AM »
Hi guys,
The problem is, Bee Storm and Demon Front won't show up in the game list.
The solution (2 steps):
1: copy ddp3_bios.u37 from inside of ddpdoj.zip (DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou) and put it in pgm.zip
2: using an IPS patcher, apply fpaxp.ips to fbaxp.exe - download here: http://cloud.cbm8bit.com/dink/fbaxp.zip

** EDIT: **
Don't you love it when you've spent a half hour fixing something, only to later find out that there is a better way to do it? Forget #1 and #2 above and just grab a special "FB Alpha" version of pgm.zip by searching for "gametronik fba bios".

If Demon Front still won't show up after a re-"SCAN Roms", make sure your dmnfrnt.zip is actually v105 and around 25megs in size (hint: search demon front v105 68k label)

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:27:30 AM by dink »

Offline Handybo

• Newbies
Re: Bee Storm (DoDonPachi II) and Demon Front in game list FIX
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 04:25:29 PM »
Or just use clrmamepro or Romcenter which fixes this stuff automatically.

Like everybody else did over 8 months ago.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 03:07:03 AM »
They won't help in this case. Bee Storm/Demon Front require bios.u42 for FB Alpha to find it as a correct rom set, and MAME doesn't require bios.u42.  Its a strange case that I guess only the FB Alpha driver porter of the 2 games can possibly explain...

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 09:39:30 AM »
They won't help in this case. Bee Storm/Demon Front require bios.u42 for FB Alpha to find it as a correct rom set, and MAME doesn't require bios.u42.  Its a strange case that I guess only the FB Alpha driver porter of the 2 games can possibly explain...

It is added to the main bios set simply because it is a "no intro"  I may remove it, but I think some people like being able to just skip through.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 10:22:17 AM »
Thanks for the explanation, IQ_132.  In that case, I'd say leave it where it is :)  Now that the info is documented here in this thread, it will help the next guy that gets a little confused regarding the requirement / roms not showing up.

best regards,
- dink