Author Topic: about FB EVO  (Read 9538 times)

Offline narcissus

• Newbies
about FB EVO
« on: May 31, 2009, 11:38:06 AM »
I remember this emulator can add decrypted mvs roms by the "Dynamic loader".
allegedly iq has the src of FB EVO, maybe the "dynamic loader" function can recur to FBA :)

Offline JiMMy_PaGe

• Expert
    • SNK-NeoFighters
Re: about FB EVO
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 01:04:21 PM »
Hi, bro  :smilie:
I will probably work on Dynamic as soon as I get some free time (work + study are killing me  :p), Dynamic List is a little bit "naked" to be in the official FBA, it will require some improvements first. Also, and the most important thing, I don't know if the devs are interested on it, but if they are, it will be a pleasure to help  ;p
BTW, sorry guys for not being around lately, as I said, work is killing me :P And congratulations for the latest FBA improvements, the current devs are taking FBA to a next level  :biggrin:

Offline lo585983

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 05:17:55 PM »
lol why you here my friend :P

Offline Leaf

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 09:11:38 PM »
Dynamic loader is useless, it just mess up the code.
I think it's better to cleanup the burn lib than to add this feature atm.

Offline JiMMy_PaGe

• Expert
    • SNK-NeoFighters
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 11:44:53 PM »
I have to agree, in fact, Dynamic, which btw I think is a very nice and not so useless thing  :smilie:, was more targeted for the ppl who wanted to play hacked neogeo ROMs (or newer neogeo ROMs) without having to bother me about adding them on the FB Evo, since FBA dosen't care about hacked ROMs I don't see any reason to put the current dynamic code (which is pretty simple and messy also XD) on FBA. Anyway, I have some plans for Dynamic List, I might work on it with some friends on the future to explore the possibilities of it, just for fun, since FB Evo is dead atm. If iq_132 or other dev find it nice, ok, if don't, ok also, the code will be free for everyone
C ya  ;p
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:46:13 PM by JiMMy_PaGe »

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 05:09:58 AM »
Hi, bro  :smilie:
I will probably work on Dynamic as soon as I get some free time (work + study are killing me  :p), Dynamic List is a little bit "naked" to be in the official FBA, it will require some improvements first. Also, and the most important thing, I don't know if the devs are interested on it, but if they are, it will be a pleasure to help  ;p
BTW, sorry guys for not being around lately, as I said, work is killing me :P And congratulations for the latest FBA improvements, the current devs are taking FBA to a next level  :biggrin:
Great :) Looking forward to seeing some new releases from you (with sources, of course). :D

Dynamic loader is useless, it just mess up the code.
I think it's better to cleanup the burn lib than to add this feature atm.
Wow.. that's got to be one of the most rude things I've ever read on NeoSource. Just because you don't like a feature doesn't make it useless, and if it did, I can think of a few specific FBA derivative builds that could just go away due to their features being IMO useless...

I have to agree, in fact, Dynamic, which btw I think is a very nice and not so useless thing  :smilie:, was more targeted for the ppl who wanted to play hacked neogeo ROMs (or newer neogeo ROMs) without having to bother me about adding them on the FB Evo, since FBA dosen't care about hacked ROMs I don't see any reason to put the current dynamic code (which is pretty simple and messy also XD) on FBA. Anyway, I have some plans for Dynamic List, I might work on it with some friends on the future to explore the possibilities of it, just for fun, since FB Evo is dead atm. If iq_132 or other dev find it nice, ok, if don't, ok also, the code will be free for everyone
C ya  ;p
I like it as a feature.  I don't think it'd be good for Vanilla FBA, but as far as features for derivative FBA builds go, it's one of the most interesting, useful, and unique. :)

Offline kenshiro

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »
Jimmy Page, what's exactly the dynamic loader? Thanks ;)

Offline KaNyErO

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 01:23:20 PM »
Dynamic loader would be great for megadrive/genesis rom testing with a standard build.  :rolleyes:

Offline lo585983

• Newbies
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 08:24:05 PM »
KaNyErO  :S
do we have long time's no see yet lol i'm very miss you T_T

Offline Leaf

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 05:01:14 AM »
Great :) Looking forward to seeing some new releases from you (with sources, of course). :D
Wow.. that's got to be one of the most rude things I've ever read on NeoSource. Just because you don't like a feature doesn't make it useless, and if it did, I can think of a few specific FBA derivative builds that could just go away due to their features being IMO useless...
I like it as a feature.  I don't think it'd be good for Vanilla FBA, but as far as features for derivative FBA builds go, it's one of the most interesting, useful, and unique. :)
I only talked about the feature, if you don't like, I apologize. :>