Author Topic: Neo geo cd emulation for fba  (Read 3919 times)

Offline the_maq

Neo geo cd emulation for fba
« on: June 30, 2020, 12:17:07 AM »
Great job on the neo geo cd emulation for fba Mr dink..i tested all the games and all play great no bugs as far as i can tell apart from big tournament golf in japan or neo turf masters both are the same games... there's a raster effect issue with the game which isn't present in the aes version - the aes version is perfect on fba what are your thoughts..??
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 08:50:22 PM by the_maq »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: Neo geo cd emulation for fba
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 07:25:07 PM »
Great job on the neo geo cd emulation for fba Mr dink..i tested all the games and all play great no bugs as far as i can tell apart from big tournament golf in japan or neo turf masters both are the same games... there is a raster effect issue in the actual game which strangely isn't present in the aes version - the aes version is perfect on fba what are your thoughts..??

A little while back (nov. 2019) I fixed a bug with rasters in Turf Masters / Big Tournament Golf, can you please give me a screenshot and a savestate file for where the problem happens, or tell me how to get there if it's easy enough?
p.s. is your executable up to date? Grab the latest here:
https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/download/appveyor-build/fbn-win32-gcc.7z

thanks & best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 07:26:18 PM by dink »

Offline the_maq

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 10:04:59 PM »
How u doing Mr dink - okay the raster effect screws up when the player is ready to take a shot - you will see it in the first intro without having to play it yourself what will happen is that the grass will disappear on the foreground but the rest of the objects remain for instance the golf post the trees etc etc...and from there on the parallax scrolling goes all haywire on the foreground only but the rest is sound and that's about it.. good luck and here's hoping this gets resolved A.S.A.P..thanks

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 12:29:53 AM »
How u doing Mr dink - okay the raster effect screws up when the player is ready to take a shot - you will see it in the first intro without having to play it yourself what will happen is that the grass will disappear on the foreground but the rest of the objects remain for instance the golf post the trees etc etc...and from there on the parallax scrolling goes all haywire on the foreground only but the rest is sound and that's about it.. good luck and here's hoping this gets resolved A.S.A.P..thanks

I checked in a test-fix for this one, please let me know how it works out.

best regards,
- dink

Offline the_maq

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 12:47:31 AM »
Okay so where can i check it? - regards..

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 01:49:15 AM »
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 02:03:20 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline the_maq

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 07:45:16 PM »
The parallax scrolling is sound but something funny happened along the line - now you've got floating trees on the water section in one of the intro's and if you look closely you'll spot mini horizontal black lines under the moving clouds, not in stationary mode.??
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 08:21:45 PM by the_maq »

Offline the_maq

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 10:59:56 PM »
I did a bit more testing with the aes version of neo turf masters on the latest build and unfortunately it's been hit by the same glitch i mentioned in the previous post..!!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 08:17:40 PM by the_maq »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 11:26:01 PM »
the_maq,  I tested mvs,aes & neocd's demo and they all played fine on my side, is it happening somewhere else?  If so, please tell me how to get to the part where it glitches so I can investigate.

best regards,
- dink

Offline the_maq

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 11:44:55 PM »
That's weird - okay i had another crack at it, it's the second intro for the aes and cd versions - btw the intros are random so you'll have to sit through and wait for the mini black dashes under the moving clouds and the trees on top of the water section, hope this helps..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 08:15:36 PM by the_maq »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 09:49:52 AM »
the_maq, I watched both cd and non-cd versions for 15 minutes each, and don't see any problems on my side.  Please double-check you have the latest exe from here:
https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/download/appveyor-build/fbn-win32-gcc.7z

If you still see a problem please post a picture (screencap). 

Offline the_maq

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 12:09:28 AM »
I've circled them in red on the latest git - the third capture is from an older build before the recent fix for comparisons to the first and second - notice there's no kinks in the third, its's how it should look..regards.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 08:13:27 PM by the_maq »