Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

NeoGeo CD

<< < (2/4) > >>

p4blo.ac:
Dink,
I used CDmage in my Neogeo CD set as suggested to transform it into a single .bin + .cue. Worked perfectly.
I decided to use the Redump - SNK - Neo Geo CD set (2022-09-23) as a base, it was the most current one I found. Since the Trurip group has changed its name to EmulationArchive (EmuArch) and there are no more dats on the site. I believe it has been discontinued, the last one listed was from 2019 by Neogeo CD. And the most current Tosec dat of .img+.cue is very old.
I don't know what date FinalBurn Neo is based on for its list of Neogeo CD games. But the Final Burn Neo list has 112 games listed https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo/blob/master/src/burner/win32/neocdlist.cpp.
 In the Redump - SNK - Neo Geo CD set (2022-09-23) there are 111 games, of which 7 were not identified by Final Burn Neo. They are:
- Double Dragon (Japan) (En,Ja) (Rev 1).
- Fuuun Mokushiroku - Kakutou Sousei ~ Savage Reign (Export) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 1).
- Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory ~ Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (World) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 1).
- Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory ~ Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (Export) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 2).
- Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory ~ Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (Export) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 3).
- Garou Densetsu Special ~ Fatal Fury Special (World) (En,Ja) (Rev 1).
- World Heroes Perfect (Export) (En,Ja) (Rev 1).
From what I found, they are not detected because there are more than one version of the game (Rev 1, Rev 2, etc.) and in the Final Burn Neo list, as there is only one listed, only the first one is detected, which is placed in the folder of games. Which doesn't happen with KOF 94 and 95 and other games, as their Rev 1 is in the game list. I also noticed that the names in the game list could be revised in the text, as some names do not have Rev 1 next to the rom as in KOF 94, and (JP) and (JP-USA) only in some game names. The text was long, but I tried to be as clear as possible and I hope that the suggestion helps to make Final Burn Neo more complete.
* Metal Slug 2 Turbo and Metal Slug 2 have the same name mslug2 in the Neogeo CD games list. I believe the name of Metal Slug 2 Turbo would be mslug2t.

p4blo.ac:

--- Quote from: p4blo.ac on November 21, 2023, 12:30:46 AM ---Dink,
I used CDmage in my Neogeo CD set as suggested to transform it into a single .bin + .cue. Worked perfectly.
I decided to use the Redump - SNK - Neo Geo CD set (2022-09-23) as a base, it was the most current one I found. Since the Trurip group has changed its name to EmulationArchive (EmuArch) and there are no more dats on the site. I believe it has been discontinued, the last one listed was from 2019 by Neogeo CD. And the most current Tosec dat of .img+.cue is very old.
I don't know what date FinalBurn Neo is based on for its list of Neogeo CD games. But the Final Burn Neo list has 112 games listed https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo/blob/master/src/burner/win32/neocdlist.cpp.
 In the Redump - SNK - Neo Geo CD set (2022-09-23) there are 111 games, of which 7 were not identified by Final Burn Neo. They are:
- Double Dragon (Japan) (En,Ja) (Rev 1).
- Fuuun Mokushiroku - Kakutou Sousei ~ Savage Reign (Export) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 1).
- Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory ~ Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (World) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 1).
- Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory ~ Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (Export) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 2).
- Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory ~ Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (Export) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 3).
- Garou Densetsu Special ~ Fatal Fury Special (World) (En,Ja) (Rev 1).
- World Heroes Perfect (Export) (En,Ja) (Rev 1).
From what I found, they are not detected because there are more than one version of the game (Rev 1, Rev 2, etc.) and in the Final Burn Neo list, as there is only one listed, only the first one is detected, which is placed in the folder of games. Which doesn't happen with KOF 94 and 95 and other games, as their Rev 1 is in the game list. I also noticed that the names in the game list could be revised in the text, as some names do not have Rev 1 next to the rom as in KOF 94, and (JP) and (JP-USA) only in some game names. The text was long, but I tried to be as clear as possible and I hope that the suggestion helps to make Final Burn Neo more complete.
* Metal Slug 2 Turbo and Metal Slug 2 have the same name mslug2 in the Neogeo CD games list. I believe the name of Metal Slug 2 Turbo would be mslug2t.

--- End quote ---

Dlink,
These games that I mentioned can be added to the Neogeo CD list?

dink:
Sure, I like your ideas - I will try to implement them as soon as time permits.

best regards,
- dink

p4blo.ac:

--- Quote from: dink on November 28, 2023, 12:23:16 AM ---Sure, I like your ideas - I will try to implement them as soon as time permits.

best regards,
- dink

--- End quote ---

Dink,
I really appreciate it!  :wink:

dink:
Hi p4blo.ac,
I finally found a good way to check alternate versions which uses the same ID's.  Will hopefully have it solved in the next day, if all goes well! :)

best regards,
- dink

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version