Author Topic: KOF 98 Neogeo CD crashing after bios screen  (Read 4868 times)

Offline SNK_Dude

KOF 98 Neogeo CD crashing after bios screen
« on: January 01, 2015, 06:10:55 PM »
I been wracking my brain over this, I have the latest FBA version and matching rom set thanks to JacKc.

Iv tried both 32 and 64 bit ver of FBA to run KOF 98 NGCD, tried all versions of it as well, TOSEC/Redump/Trurip/standard bin/cue (im not a noob when it comes to disc images and roms FYI)

So far every other Neogeo CD runs just fine (KOF 97 has some audio misplacement )

its just KOF 98 that crashes after the bios.

Any help fixing this issue will be greatly appreciated .

Forgot to mention it works fine in Raine, well as fine as it gets in that emu, quite buggy  :p

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: KOF 98 Neogeo CD crashing after bios screen
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 12:13:51 AM »
Seems to load up fine here?

Offline SNK_Dude

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 01:11:32 AM »
dink sent me a debug binary and it ran just fine in that, it wont run in the latest release (029734) and below.

Now the question is what is changed in 029734 and the in progress 029735 ?

Can you guys test 029734 and see what im talking about?

Its really weird, I think another game crashes as well after the bios, testing various NGCD games and will let ya know .

Edit:  OK I just tested a few and one that gives problems is Last Blade 2, it wont read the cue so you have to choose the iso to run it and it goes into the beginning loading screen then after its done loading it just kinda freezes yet the emulator is still functional, tested on both current FBA and Debug, same result.

KOF 98 loads properly via the cue in the Debug.

I'm trying to mention everything I can to help iron out the bugs, that is what you guys want to know right?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:28:56 AM by SNK_Dude »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 03:01:42 AM »
Treble Winner changed an optimization setting in the release builds, which might have solved the problem in the release builds.  Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to produce release builds on my old pc.  Treble if you're reading this, can you give it a try?