Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

Problem with vertical monitor image being squashed

<< < (2/3) > >>

tokuio8752:
I thought I would look into this some more and had a look at the source code.

It seems to go wrong in the call to VidSScaleImage, where nWidth and nHeight don't seem to be calculated properly for  a vertically orientated monitor. It's changing nWidth but keeping nHeight fixed but it should be doing the opposite for this case. The code is quite complex so it's hard to work out (for me) what it is actually meant to do.

dink:
Thanks for taking a look and doing a bit of research into the code!  I am not that good when it comes to the internal video stuff, but sooner or later we'll work something out.  Perhaps Barry / Treble Winner could also give us a hand with this, since he added the vertical monitor support.

On your vertical monitor, do you use a special setting in Windows to set the orientation?

best regards,
- dink

tokuio8752:

--- Quote from: dink on October 24, 2018, 09:34:47 PM ---On your vertical monitor, do you use a special setting in Windows to set the orientation?

--- End quote ---

Yes in windows 10, right click on the desktop and select "Display setting", then select the vertical monitor (if you have more than one) and set the Orientation option to Portrait. Other versions of windows should have similar settings.

You could try this out with a horizontal monitor, but it does make moving the mouse very difficult.

dink:
Hmmm.. since the monitor is already in Portrait mode, could you try de-selecting "Rotate vertically aligned games" and see what happens? I'm wondering if there is some sort of conflict going on.

tokuio8752:
I tried that and things get even weirder. When playing a vertical games it now appears on my horizontal monitor, see first image. Athough this is full screen on my 1920x1080 horizontal monitor, the screen capture resolution is 1680x1050 which is the resolution of my vertical monitor.

I also tried forcing it onto the vertical monitor (by setting it to be both the horizontal and vertical monitor in fba) and the second image is what happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version