Author Topic: Trackball Support in FB Neo - Mostly for GoldenTee  (Read 4331 times)

Offline canyonbrewer

Trackball Support in FB Neo - Mostly for GoldenTee
« on: January 04, 2020, 01:56:43 PM »
Hi All & Happy New Year

I'm certainly not an expert here, but I have been reading all the forums, docs, etc. to try to find an answer.  My apologies in advance if this has already been answered.

I am having trouble getting trackball working in GoldenTee with FB Neo.

1.  I can confirm that linux sees the mouse through this test :  cat /dev/input/mouse1
2.  I have tried to set the retroarch user binds to mouse index 1...mouse still doesn't work
3.  I have read that many times something needs to be added to the retroarch core config files, but those docs/videos are specific to mame 2003 or mame 2010...not fb neo.
4.  I have read that fb neo supports trackball, but I don't know how to configure.

Please help.

thanks!

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
Re: Trackball Support in FB Neo - Mostly for GoldenTee
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 02:28:44 PM »
Go into Quick Menu > Controls, set device type to either "mouse (ball only)" or "mouse (full)", the first one uses only the ball (so buttons will still be on your default controller) while the second one uses the ball + the buttons from your mouse/trackball.

Offline canyonbrewer

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 02:46:07 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I tried your suggestion, but no dice.  I even exited and re-entered to confirm the setting stayed.

Offline canyonbrewer

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 04:23:12 PM »
Actually...i got it working.  I was choosing the wrong mouse index.

Now I have a sensitivity issue.  It is VERY sensitive in golden tee and almost unusable.  Moving trackball like 1 mm does full golf back swing.

Can someone explain the sensitivity contol options? 

Thanks!

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 01:53:01 AM »
There are 2 ways to change analog sensitivity :
- the first one is in Quick Menu > Options, it's called analog speed, it's implemented on core's side
- the second one is in Settings > Input, it's called analog sensitivity, it's implemented on retroarch's side

Afaik, the 2 settings should act the same way : the lower you set them, the lower the sensitivity, they are probably cumulative too.