Author Topic: Help to get full emulation  (Read 5827 times)

Offline arcadefanatic

Help to get full emulation
« on: April 07, 2019, 04:03:17 PM »
Hi, guys!

In advance, I apologize because maybe my question will sound kind of stupid. Hope still you guys can help me.

I'm developing a  Multigames Front End system only for  Windows. This system has the classic consoles of 8 and 16 bits and Playstation 1. I am wanting to put arcade games in this system. Of all the arcade emulators, the Final Burn Alpha Shuffle works perfectly with my code.

But I have a problem. Most of the CPS1, 2 and 3 games work wonderfully. But Neo Geo's games doesn't work. I've downloaded many different BIOSes from Neo Geo and I wasn't successful. In a remote past, I've been able to load some Neo Geo games, but before the game was booted, a BIOS-related error message always appeared. After that, the game was initializing.

But now, the list with Neo Geo games doesn't appear. I've tried everything, changed the path of ROMs, did everything. I did everything. But I can't load games from Neo Geo or from other systems. I already searched the internet for many other versions of Final Burn, but it didn't work.

Guys, is there any version of Final Burn already configured to perfectly emulate the games of CPS1,2,3, the games of Neo Geo and other Arcade platforms? if it exists, could you tell me where to find it?

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits, with 2GB Ram, Dual Core Processor 1.80Ghz and a ATI Card Video DDR3 with 2GB memory.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Stifu

Re: Help to get full emulation
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 06:15:20 PM »
Hey. You should validate your romset to make sure your files match the concerned FBA version. ROMs and BIOSes keep evolving, so it's likely some of your files are wrong.

Offline arcadefanatic

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 06:22:30 PM »
Hey. You should validate your romset to make sure your files match the concerned FBA version. ROMs and BIOSes keep evolving, so it's likely some of your files are wrong.

I'll do. Thank you for your help, Sir!

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 03:37:14 AM »
Final Burn Alpha Shuffle
Final Burn Alpha Shuffle is a clone of FBA which is breaking the FBA license afaik.

Offline Fulg0re

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 03:52:05 AM »
Hi there

I am running also an arcade pc and I do not have any problem. Cps 1,2,3 Neo Geo an most of sh4 cave games
are running perfect. For the neo geo issue... It is very important to have in the same Rom folder the current
bios. If you do not have the whole snk Roms updated
it also help if you put ( for example ) the current bios
inside the games Rom zip. This helped me especially
for 2 games which I've had serious problems with.

Kind regards

Offline arcadefanatic

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 11:43:54 AM »
Final Burn Alpha Shuffle is a clone of FBA which is breaking the FBA license afaik.

Oh! really?! Sir, I'm really sorry! I don't know about these circunstances. I didn't think it was a clone. I'm from Brazil and my English is very bad. Since in Brazil I can't see very well developed tutorials, I usually search in English. I didn't know. I just downloaded Final Burn Alpha from the official site. Thank you!

Offline arcadefanatic

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 11:50:12 AM »
Hi there

I am running also an arcade pc and I do not have any problem. Cps 1,2,3 Neo Geo an most of sh4 cave games
are running perfect. For the neo geo issue... It is very important to have in the same Rom folder the current
bios. If you do not have the whole snk Roms updated
it also help if you put ( for example ) the current bios
inside the games Rom zip. This helped me especially
for 2 games which I've had serious problems with.

Kind regards

Many thanks for your suggestion. I just did it. I now have the recent version of Final Burn Alpha. Now, some neo geo ROMs are working. But others are not. I will follow Stifu's suggestion again. Hopefully I can make it work.

Best Regards.

Offline Fulg0re

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 12:50:30 PM »
Hi

On the latest FBA 44 every Neo Geo Game is working.

Offline arcadefanatic

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 12:10:05 PM »
Hi

On the latest FBA 44 every Neo Geo Game is working.

Before thanking you for this suggestion, I want to apologize to you guys, for taking so long to respond. I am very grateful for the help you are giving me, I am testing all the suggestions. I'm slow to respond because I unfortunately have a crazy work schedule, so it's very difficult to access the forum at all times. Forgive me for that.

Fulg0re, I'll check your information. I hope other platforms work well too. I really want to use Final Burn in my Front End, I love this project. Many thanks for your suggestion!

Best Regards

Offline Fulg0re

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 02:43:22 PM »
Hey...

You don't need to excuse yourself. Just come here when it is possible. I also love FBA for most of Arcade Classics. So if you you need some advice do not hesitate to ask. I will try to help with my minimal knowledge compared to the "pro s" :)

Kind regards