Final Burn Neo > FBN Development

FB Neo Bugs Reports

<< < (208/232) > >>

the_maq:
@Dink - I'm using the Uni bios 3.3 for neo cd metal slug 2 (japanese region) and you get white blood on display instead of red but if i revert to the standard neo cd bios the red blood returns to normal, we all know to enable red blood for the majority neo cd titles u need to select the japanese version of the rom and that's it, without the use of a code or enabling it with a cheat option, what do you make of it? and btw I haven't checked the rest of the games regarding this issue..

dink:

--- Quote from: the_maq on August 07, 2023, 08:53:14 PM ---@Dink - I'm using the Uni bios 3.3 for neo cd metal slug 2 (japanese region) and you get white blood on display instead of red but if i revert to the standard neo cd bios the red blood returns to normal, we all know to enable red blood for the majority neo cd titles u need to select the japanese version of the rom and that's it, without the use of a code or enabling it with a cheat option, what do you make of it? and btw I haven't checked the rest of the games regarding this issue..

--- End quote ---

Hi the_maq,
In the DIP's menu select Japan as the region, is all that's needed with regular bios

best regards,
- dink

ClessxAlghazanth:
Hi  :cool:

I've launched Asteroids Deluxe (parent version) on the latest devbuild and while the games starts and the first screen with highscores etc appears normally but when I press start (I've set in to freeplay btw) the screen turn completely black

I can hear the sound firing etc so that the game seems to be in progress but the screen is pitch black , nothing displayed

I remember it running without issues when I played it last time , which was a few months before I believe

I have the correct romset I think

Best regards  :wink:

barbudreadmon:
Thanks for the report.

I added hiscore support for this game back in 2021, and removed it later after discovering that bug you mention, but it seems a contributor added it back.
For now you can play this game normally if you disable hiscore.

@dink i think there was a reason we decided to disable hiscore for this game instead of fixing that black screen, like maybe the hiscore.dat entry looked wrong ?
Edit: i found our earlier discussion about it, the entry in hiscore.dat seems to save game timers, which seems extremely fishy
Edit2: and that game actually doesn't need hiscore.dat support, they are already saved through nvram, i'll remove the hiscore flag again (with a note this time)

ClessxAlghazanth:
Thank you , can enjoy Asteroids Deluxe once again :cool:

One thing I noticed that in Itazura tenshi (japan) dip switch settings one can not change the difficulty anything except 'Easy' , the selection diaglo comes up empty

Can you check it if possible ?

Thanks and have a good one  :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version