Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

fba cps3 input problem?

(1/2) > >>

JoshuaChang:
i'm playing cps3 based games these days,and i found a strange input problem:
when i started a fight in left side(default by 1P,the opponent was in right),it's very easy to do a move like (→↘↓↙←A) or (←↙↓↘→A)
but if i was in the right side(default by 2P),it's impossible to do those moves contain (→↘↓↙←) or (←↙↓↘→)

i've tested this in mame,and it was ok...
someone can explain this?

T-Kimura:
i have the exact same problem, half circle motions are not possible on the right side.. is there any way this can be fixed?

iq_132:
That seems like a very strange bug.  Looking at how the inputs are actually handled in the code, there's no logical reason as to why this would happen.
The directional controls for player 2 are even read at the exact same time as the directions for player 1 (in the same Word [2 bytes]).
I suppose this could be an issue with the timing of the sh2 core or possibly an issue with the interrupts.

*Edit*
Please do a test for me: download CaptainCPS-X's FBA Enhanced build and see if disabling "CPS-3 speed hacks" fixes this (I doubt it will, but that's the best I can come up with atm).

JoshuaChang:
well~i've test the fbae with speedhacks disabled, the problem is still there......

BisonSAS:
JoshuaChang, please test this: fba_cps3_fix.rar

Changes:

* Added Cps3ClearOpposites
* Removed "v5 [ CaptainCPS-X ]" changes. (The region in CPS-3 games is determined by BIOS, and redeartn using Euro BIOS)
* Added alternate title in redearth: Red Earth to Red Earth / War-Zard (because the game change to japan region in the DIPs)
Source in attachment...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version