Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 163862 times)

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
Re: FB Neo Bugs Reports
« Reply #720 on: January 18, 2022, 01:24:38 AM »
Zx spectrum game got updated: TJ's Cavern Capers CRC is 2749ECC9

The support to the latest revision is on github! ;)

Offline Stifu

« Reply #721 on: February 12, 2022, 02:32:35 PM »
Last Striker has a couple of visual bugs, but it seems like such a cheap / rushed game that I suspect they're not emulation bugs but actual game bugs. Reporting anyway, just in case...

For example, the shadows are not properly centered under the characters, they're shifted to the right (and I think they're even more misaligned during PK). The score points are also not centered.

Offline the_maq

« Reply #722 on: February 14, 2022, 04:10:55 PM »
@dink: the current cheat dat doesn't work for turtles in time arcade, and it's been the case for the last few months, didn't bother mentioning it before, thought i should let u know anyway - thanks mate.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 08:44:27 PM by the_maq »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #723 on: February 15, 2022, 08:16:25 PM »
Last Striker has a couple of visual bugs, but it seems like such a cheap / rushed game that I suspect they're not emulation bugs but actual game bugs. Reporting anyway, just in case...

For example, the shadows are not properly centered under the characters, they're shifted to the right (and I think they're even more misaligned during PK). The score points are also not centered.

(un)fortunately it looks the same on pcb, It's certainly in need of some polishing.  I also think they were in a rush to release it.

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #724 on: February 15, 2022, 08:17:23 PM »
@dink: the current cheat dat doesn't work for turtles in time arcade, and it's been the case for the last few months, didn't bother mentioning it before, thought i should let u know anyway - thanks mate.

thanks for letting me know, I'll try to fix those after I finish with the last bug in tmnt2.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Stifu

« Reply #725 on: February 16, 2022, 02:18:23 AM »
(un)fortunately it looks the same on pcb, It's certainly in need of some polishing.  I also think they were in a rush to release it.

I figured as much. Thanks for confirming, dink.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #726 on: February 16, 2022, 06:06:13 PM »
the_maq, I fixed the starting level cheat, but all the player 1 cheats work fine.  Please let me know any in particular that need to be fixed.

To use the starting level cheat fix, grab a new exe from github and use this new cheat.dat file attached here:

Offline the_maq

« Reply #727 on: February 16, 2022, 11:17:45 PM »
the_maq, I fixed the starting level cheat, but all the player 1 cheats work fine.  Please let me know any in particular that need to be fixed.

To use the starting level cheat fix, grab a new exe from github and use this new cheat.dat file attached here:
All cheats work perfect now - thanks again for your time and hard work buddy.. :smilie:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 11:38:30 PM by the_maq »

Offline chicoaaron

« Reply #728 on: February 20, 2022, 03:56:07 PM »
Hi unit3uk,
I tried for about a half hour to hit a homerun, but can't.  Gonna need some help:
could you please do an input recording and hit a homerun and attach it, or attach a state saved when you hit the homerun, but before that screen shows?  An input recording is preferred (Game -> Replay -> Record Input, make sure to select "from power on"), but a savestate will also do as long as it's from before the broken screen shows.

best regards,
- dink

This is the holy grail of bugs for me. I've attached a save state. It was made on a Win10 PC running Retroarch 1.10.0 with Unibios set to Console USA. The glitch exists regardless of bios settings. The first time I noticed this bug fixed on any platform was on Mame 2016 but I don't know the exact version of Mame that fixed it.

Sorry if I messed this post up. I've literally never posted in a forum in my life but this bug haunts me.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #729 on: February 20, 2022, 08:21:28 PM »
hi chicoaaron,
I worked on this bug a few months back and havn't been able to come to a good conclusion yet.  It even has come back to haunt mame as well in recent versions.  I'll post back here or on my thread if I can come up with something!

best regards,
- dink

Offline xerf84

« Reply #730 on: February 24, 2022, 10:00:22 PM »
Hey guys, after some updates, some games no longer support ips patches.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #731 on: February 25, 2022, 12:00:59 AM »
hi xerf84,
did you click the "IPS Manager" button and check the patches to apply?  after doing that, the Apply Patches checkbox should light up.
if it doesn't, please zip and attach your ips patches and I'll see what's the problem.

best regards,
- dink

Offline xerf84

« Reply #732 on: February 25, 2022, 12:42:41 AM »
An apology Dink, my mistake, had an error in the directory of the folders when updating. Best regards.

Offline littlebear

« Reply #733 on: February 26, 2022, 09:39:42 AM »
played Major Havoc today and notice it runs a bit faster compare to MAME.

thank you

Offline Stifu

« Reply #734 on: March 10, 2022, 04:36:01 PM »
I had a weird bug when playing Dynamite Duke. I'm on a recent FBN WIP build but not the latest.
I was playing the game normally, still near the beginning of the first stage, when suddenly I was sent back to the title screen instantly. I think it happened while getting shot, but I can't repro. I don't know if it's a game bug or emulation bug.