Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 158942 times)

Offline MTR

Re: FB Neo Bugs Reports
« Reply #465 on: March 11, 2021, 04:54:00 PM »
The games run great now. Thanks a lot barbudreadmon & dink.

Offline Pelucon8

« Reply #466 on: March 12, 2021, 02:43:20 PM »
Stadium cross

At the start of the game and a few seconds later, the sound of the motorcycle engine disappears during the whole race except during jumps and for a brief moment.

This does not happen in mame (version 0.220 is the one I use).

Regards

Offline fastpop72

« Reply #467 on: March 12, 2021, 04:02:08 PM »
Stadium cross

At the start of the game and a few seconds later, the sound of the motorcycle engine disappears during the whole race except during jumps and for a brief moment.

This does not happen in mame (version 0.220 is the one I use).

Regards

I noticed too the sound engine (and the croud) disappearing but i use mame 0.227 and the behaviour is the same. Are you sure that mame 0.220 has sound ok?

UPDATE: It turns out Stadium Cross is one of those games that has a separate sound route for the engine speakers (requiring its own machine config). That will require a bit of research.

(Info taken from mametesters:  https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=7607  )
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 04:06:34 PM by fastpop72 »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #468 on: March 12, 2021, 04:53:00 PM »
The sound in stadium cross was never fully emulated by mame, I tried a few times to improve it, but didn't get anywhere.  mame .220 is exactly the same as the latest .229, you might be confusing your bikes engine sound with the endine sounds of the riders next to you, but after they get ahead or you get ahead, it goes away.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Pelucon8

« Reply #469 on: March 12, 2021, 06:02:00 PM »
Well, you're right, I don't know what I was thinking. That's what happens when you compare emulators with 3 beers in your body.  :biggrin:

Regards

I noticed too the sound engine (and the croud) disappearing but i use mame 0.227 and the behaviour is the same. Are you sure that mame 0.220 has sound ok?

UPDATE: It turns out Stadium Cross is one of those games that has a separate sound route for the engine speakers (requiring its own machine config). That will require a bit of research.

(Info taken from mametesters:  https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=7607  )

@fastpop72

The truth is that it is quite strange, the sound of the engine of my bike did not sound when I was alone on the track (I let my rivals overtake each other) except in the jumps, that is, only the voice of the commentator was heard during the whole race. In version 0.220, when doing the same exercise above, the sound of my engine is heard constantly.

The strange thing is that now, when reloading the game again in FBN, you hear the engine of my bike constantly during the race.

I really have no idea how it happened.

I think I know what happens. When I start the game with Multi-Screen Mode on, the sound of my bike goes away during the race, but when I start the game to display it on one screen (Multi-Screen Mode off), the sound of my bike's engine is constant throughout the race.

I noticed another thing, not always the sound of the engine of your bike will sound during the whole race when you first load the game, but curiously, when you restart the game (F3), the sound of the bike comes back during the whole race...

The truth is like random, and when the sound of the engine of your bike does not sound when you just load the game, you just have to restart (F3). I tried this 5 times and it worked.

This "tip" works in both:
Multi-Screen Mode: Enabled
Multi-Screen Mode: Disabled
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 07:03:28 PM by Pelucon8 »

Offline fastpop72

« Reply #470 on: March 13, 2021, 09:40:25 AM »
I noticed another thing, not always the sound of the engine of your bike will sound during the whole race when you first load the game, but curiously, when you restart the game (F3), the sound of the bike comes back during the whole race...

The truth is like random, and when the sound of the engine of your bike does not sound when you just load the game, you just have to restart (F3). I tried this 5 times and it worked.

Yes you were right. At the first play engine sound doesn't work but if you press Reset (F3) as soon as the race starts then restart the game you can hear the engine sound appears during game.

Offline WILOWAR

« Reply #471 on: March 13, 2021, 11:19:01 AM »
Air Rescue, arescue -  title screen flickering and half display

Offline fastpop72

« Reply #472 on: March 14, 2021, 04:55:50 AM »
Air Rescue, arescue -  title screen flickering and half display

I don't think it's a bug.

FBNeo recognize the game as single-screen but this arcade was released as a twin-screen game.

Half of the title screen is in the right screen, as you can see in mame.

If you start game for Player 1 you can see an alternative title screen for Player 2.

I think the only thing to do in FBNeo is to fix the double screen mode in arescue & clones....

« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 04:59:16 AM by fastpop72 »

Offline Joaquim2020

« Reply #473 on: March 14, 2021, 08:50:06 AM »
Nice fix! I remember there is a nother game as well have similiar problems, but is not on FBNeo Yet.

Apache 3.

This can be checked dink?  :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOK9zKj4ds
Original Hardware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT9VGh4ftj4

« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 08:51:27 AM by Joaquim2020 »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #474 on: March 14, 2021, 09:36:50 AM »
Air Rescue - this is a linked dual-machine game, and we only emulate 1 of the machines.  Outrunners for example, runs both screens on a single machine(pcb).  The flicker on the titlescreen is normal incase you're wondering.

best regards,
- dink

Offline geese howard

« Reply #475 on: March 18, 2021, 03:58:09 PM »
Sometimes roms?s icons dont load correctly
I must click on another game and return to see right icon.
In this case, ssf2xj.ico exists on support/icons folder.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 04:00:43 PM by geese howard »

Offline matchew64

• Newbies
« Reply #476 on: March 25, 2021, 07:49:19 PM »
Retroarch build Windows 10

wboy

Area 6, Round 4

After defeating the boss (lion), you ascend on a platform to the goal. Except on this level; the platform falls instead, and you die.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #477 on: March 25, 2021, 08:26:37 PM »
Hi matchew64,
This is actually a "dirty little joke" added by the developers of the game - if you take too long to beat the boss or your health runs into the red zone, the platform falls and you have to play the level over.  Here's 2 screenshots I just made to show how the health bar controls the direction of the elevating platform:

Offline matchew64

• Newbies
« Reply #478 on: March 25, 2021, 08:43:49 PM »
Thanks, Dink.

That level is mean.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #479 on: March 25, 2021, 09:21:44 PM »
Yes, very mean.  A tip for the boss: get up close; within like 3 character-widths (or so), and he can't hit you with fireballs. 

best regards,
- dink