Author Topic: Street Fighter: The Movie (v1.12) bug  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Neildark

Street Fighter: The Movie (v1.12) bug
« on: October 25, 2021, 02:48:33 PM »
Hi everyone. I wanted to play the Street Fighter: The Movie (v1.12), but it does not work for me, the screen goes black, although the clone Street Fighter: The Movie (v1.14N, Japan) does work and start correctly, but according to the game progresses there is more and more noise in the music of the game. I have tried to remove the low-pass filter, but although it improves a little as the game progresses at the end the ambient noise reappears again. I don't know if it is a bug, or the emulation is not correct in FB Neo yet.
Thanks for your work, greetings.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: Street Fighter: The Movie (v1.12) bug
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 11:17:52 PM »
Hi Neildark,
Thanks for the bug report! :)
Please try delete the game's nvram, in config/games/sftm.fs
sftm parent should boot now, and create a new nvram @ boot (when it asks you to press the 1p start button)

I made a possible fix for the crackly noise problem, please give it a try and let me know if the problem still happens later in the game - if it does, please attach a savestate where it happens :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Neildark

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 11:31:12 AM »
Hi Dink, always so fast and efficient.
Now the Street Fighter: The Movie (v1.12) works correctly for me, but it continues with the crackling sound, normally when you do when I hit, it can be seen from the first fight, I attach a savestate of a few seconds.
All the best!

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 06:06:20 PM »
Hi Neildark,
Thanks for making a recording!
Unfortunately I can't hear the crackling sound when I play back your recording, even after playing it back about 10 times and listening closely.
I have a couple ideas to help figure out where the problem might be though,
Load up a game and do "Audio -> Sound Logging -> Log to file", and make the crackling happen, then "Audio -> Sound Logging -> Stop logging", and play the .wav file it saved.  Do you hear the crackling when you played the .wav file?
If you hear the crackling in the .wav file, please post the wav file.  if you don't, try this: go to Audio -> Buffer Size and increase the audio buffers by 2, then load the game and see if it helps.

We'll get to the bottom of this, I hope :)
p.s. did you make sure to get the latest exe's from here: https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/tag/appveyor-build ?
best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 06:11:30 PM by dink »

Offline Neildark

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 06:48:08 AM »
Hi, Dink. I tried recording the sound and didn't hear the crackling when played the .wav file. In the end I solved it by changing the plugin from XAudio to DirectSound, there is no problem there. Thank you very much for everything, as always you are very kind. And congratulations on your work. :cool:

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 09:12:47 AM »
Neildark, that's good news - i'm glad the problem is solved :)

best regards,
- dink