Final Burn Neo > FBN Development

split topic : lightgun issues

<< < (9/10) > >>

dink:
StormedBubbles, I made a little modification to the gun handling for cybertnk, please give it a try when a new libretro core is available.

best regards,
- dink

StormedBubbles:
Thank you both! I will test it out when it's ready.

This is a bizarre case, but it has made my friends and me notice some odd behavior in how RetroArch handles Y lightgun coordinates in certain circumstances. It definitely could just be something with the Sinden guns, but I will try to see if someone with an alternate device such as Gun4IR can lend a hand.

The commit that recently changed some lightgun behavior in RetroArch is this one: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/13258. I believe that commit was supposed to make the lightgun coordinates scale appropriately regardless of the resolution RetroArch was outputting. It appears to work just like that for X coordinates. On a 16:9 TV, I can have RA output all sorts of weird aspect ratios in lr-FBNeo and get the guns to track perfectly on the X axis with the lightgun games. The problem arises with the Y axis when I end up with a letterbox view on my TV. The Y axis will no longer track correctly. The resolution has to be set so that the screen is filled vertically.

StormedBubbles:
There is a typo in the Y-axis code in the commit I linked above, but I haven't tested the fix yet to see if that was the culprit.

On a quick, unrelated note, I can't seem to get the trackball controls to work with a mouse in irrmaze. Are those controls hooked up in the Libretro version?
EDIT: never mind. It works.

StormedBubbles:
Sorry for the multiple posts, but it is a bug in the Libretro code. I fixed the typo in my build of RetroArch and am able to track on the Y axis correctly in Cyber Tank with barbudreadmon's coordinates.

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: StormedBubbles on June 16, 2022, 12:22:44 PM ---Sorry for the multiple posts, but it is a bug in the Libretro code. I fixed the typo in my build of RetroArch and am able to track on the Y axis correctly in Cyber Tank with barbudreadmon's coordinates.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads-up.
FWIW, i'm not happy with our current driver code and will revisit it soon, but for now it should be fine with your usage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version