Final Burn Neo > FBN Development

split topic : lightgun issues

<< < (2/10) > >>

StormedBubbles:
Sure; I will go over my notes over the next day or two and test the various scenarios.

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: dink on January 01, 2022, 08:17:41 PM ---Can you tell me some of the arcade games w/lightgun that have this problem?  also, can you try it with a mouse or gamepad and see if it works?
Most games register offscreen for reloading when the gun retical is all the way to the top, bottom or sides, in some games we've even added a fake "reload" button to make things easier for controller users.

best regards,
- dink

--- End quote ---

It might be yet another feature that poorly translates from the libretro port to the emulation backend, what would be the correct value to inject through BurnGunSetCoords to emulate the offscreen reloading feature ?
Currently the value i'm injecting is probably 0.

StormedBubbles:
After going through a list, it seems that most of the gun games in the FBNeo romset use a pump-action reload or do not require reloading at all. Here are the three games that gave me issues with off-screen reloading:

Lethal Enforcers (lethalen): With a controller, I can reload by shooting at the very top or bottom of the screen. With a Sinden lightgun or a regular mouse in lightgun mode, I can only seem to get the reload to work consistently by firing off the top of the screen.

Lord of Gun (lordgun): With a controller, it works perfectly. I can reload off of any side of the screen without issue. With a Sinden lightgun or a regular mouse in lightgun mode, I can only reload by firing off the top or left side of the screen.

Zero Point 2 (zeropnt2): Regardless of using a controller, Sinden lightgun, or regular mouse, I can only occasionally get reload to work by firing multiple times along the edges of the screen. I do not notice a pattern. This game does have a dip-switch to disable reloading and make it play like Zero Point 1, but the FBNeo default has reload on.

A note on the games in which reload only works on some sides of the screen: when the Sinden gun is pointed away from the screen, the cursor will move to the correct border side, but if that movement is exaggerated even a little, the cursor will sometimes jump to another side of the screen. For example, in Lord of Gun, if I move off the left side of the border with my gun, the cursor usually stays on the left part of the border but will occasionally warp to the bottom of the screen and fail to reload. The lightgun system seems to know that the border was touched and does keep the cursor on the border, so there is no danger of firing an on-screen shot. It's like Pointing a Wii Remote away from the screen. The remote and game both know that the cursor is not being pointed at the game area, but neither knows which side of the border to put the cursor on. It would be a non-issue if all sides of the border activated reload when using the gun controller.

StormedBubbles:
I also want to mention that the updates for Super Russian Roulette pushed to the Libretro version of FBNeo within the last couple of hours fixed the off-screen issues for that game!

The only issue I notice with that game now is when you try to activate the Easter Egg of killing the cowboy. In normal gameplay, if you are in control of the gun and try to shoot at the cowboy, you will miss, and he will pull out another gun and shoot you dead. This portion works in FBNeo.

However, the game has an Easter Egg if you try to shoot again before he shoots you. In normal gameplay, if you fire another shot at him as he is pulling out his gun, you will kill him. It seems that if you try to pull the trigger again at this point in FBNeo, it will skip to him already having his gun out, and pulling the trigger again at that point will skip him shooting and go right to the death screen for the human player.

dink:

--- Quote from: StormedBubbles on January 03, 2022, 12:35:15 PM ---I also want to mention that the updates for Super Russian Roulette pushed to the Libretro version of FBNeo within the last couple of hours fixed the off-screen issues for that game!

The only issue I notice with that game now is when you try to activate the Easter Egg of killing the cowboy. In normal gameplay, if you are in control of the gun and try to shoot at the cowboy, you will miss, and he will pull out another gun and shoot you dead. This portion works in FBNeo.

However, the game has an Easter Egg if you try to shoot again before he shoots you. In normal gameplay, if you fire another shot at him as he is pulling out his gun, you will kill him. It seems that if you try to pull the trigger again at this point in FBNeo, it will skip to him already having his gun out, and pulling the trigger again at that point will skip him shooting and go right to the death screen for the human player.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the infos!  Focusing on SRR for now:
I tried killing the cowboy in another emulator which also supports the game, but I also can't kill him.  I'm thinking that there must be something else to the egg, perhaps progress in the game before he can be killed, or something like that, what do you think?

best regards,
- dink

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version