Author Topic: CPS-III driver preview  (Read 112319 times)

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: CPS-III driver preview
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2008, 07:46:13 PM »
I definitely didn't add the SCSI interface lol.  I just hacked in some calls to MAME's chdman, wrote a bare-bones iso reading routine, and started a scsi simulation (just to make warzard work... it's not quite there yet, but it's a start).

As for the wait, no.  Since i'm not properly emulating the scsi, you will only have to wait for the chd to decompress (which takes maybe 10-25 seconds).

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2008, 12:50:56 PM »
Added support for layer disabling.

Note that you do have to advance a frame or so for it to take effect.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 06:49:55 PM by iq_132 »

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2008, 02:00:27 PM »
Added support for layer disabling.

Note that you do have to advance a frame or so for it to take effect.

Nice IQ! ^^ I remember you were working on something like that some time back...

btw, try "VidPaint(2);" instead of frame advance to redraw the screen, I don't know how you wrote the code but this should go after disabling the layers, for example:

ToggleCPS3Layers();
VidPaint(2); // redraw after  enabling / disabling any CPS-III layer

the code is not driver specific or something like that, so it should redraw the screen no matter what game is emulated, what I don't remember is if it redraws GDI only or the emulated frame as well, anyway let me know man  ;p

EDIT: LOL, I didn't notice you posted the cps_run.cpp (attachments font should be a little bigger for high resolutions xD)

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2008, 02:50:15 PM »
I used FBA's built-in layer disabling code -- search for nBurnLayer.
It seems that when you check/uncheck something it runs a frame of emulation, which would make unchecking a layer and then checking it actually show the unchecked (disabled) frame if you do not advance the frame. The next frame would show it with the layer enabled again.

I'm thinking that the shot factory should use BurnDrvRedraw() instead of BurnDrvFrame() (if that is, indeed, what it uses...).

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2008, 03:30:48 PM »
I used FBA's built-in layer disabling code -- search for nBurnLayer.
It seems that when you check/uncheck something it runs a frame of emulation, which would make unchecking a layer and then checking it actually show the unchecked (disabled) frame if you do not advance the frame. The next frame would show it with the layer enabled again.

I'm thinking that the shot factory should use BurnDrvRedraw() instead of BurnDrvFrame() (if that is, indeed, what it uses...).

Ohhh! I see I thought you added a menu item for disabling CPS3 layers or a specific function, but you implemented it so it would adjust to the Shot factory core. For a long time I have been thinking that the shot factory should work a little bit different, so it can be of more use ^^, or I should say, more user-friendly  :smilie:.

When I find some free time I will try using your code with a old modification I did to my FBA Enhanced that allowed to enable / disable layers from the Video menu (including some shortcut keys too), that way I can determine what could be the proper way to redraw the screen, since the module doesn't have to do anything with the Shot factory ^^.

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline Pasky

« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2009, 01:27:49 PM »
I'm sorry to revive an old thread, but I sent you a PM IQ regarding this issue since, to this day, the official build still has no support for a CPS3 shot factory.  Thanks.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2009, 06:50:23 PM »
Wow. I'm a massive idiot. I posted the wrong file and just noticed today. lol
I'll go back and see what I can do.

Offline Pasky

« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2009, 06:18:15 AM »
Haha, I was going crazy trying to figure out why it didn't work.  I overlooked that source file and noticed no calls or anything related to the shop factory and was trying to figure it out.

Hope you post the real deal soon :).  Thanks.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2009, 05:20:13 AM »
Haha, I was going crazy trying to figure out why it didn't work.  I overlooked that source file and noticed no calls or anything related to the shop factory and was trying to figure it out.

Hope you post the real deal soon :).  Thanks.

Ok, lol. I completely re-wrote the changes.  You can find the stuff I changed by looking for "layer disable" if you're terribly interested, otherwise you should just be able to paste this over your standard 0.2.97.07 cps3run.cpp.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 05:23:21 AM by iq_132 »