Author Topic: A Noob Question  (Read 3777 times)

Offline Lunatic

A Noob Question
« on: March 14, 2019, 06:56:01 AM »
Hi Guys I've just registered recently and I have some noob questions. Firstly do I need different romsets for different FBA versions just like MAME or any romset is compatible with any FBA version? And lastly I downloaded a complete romset with the title of "Complete Non-Merged FB Alpha v0.2.97.39 ROM set" from somewhere and after latest FBA version scanned the roms it wasn't able to detect each one of them, there were quite missing roms but since it was a "complete set" shouldn't it detect each one of them? I also switched from latest (.43) version to .39 but still it wasn't able to list every rom (actually 8824 of 9934 / 1109 unavailable). Do you guys have any idea about what might have gone wrong? I really would like to have complete set of FBA which would look brilliant :) Thanks in advance.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: A Noob Question
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 09:13:25 AM »
check pm

Offline Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 10:39:44 AM »
@dink thank you

Offline jndson

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 08:15:36 PM »
Hello,

I am posting because I'm having the exact same problem as the topic creator (missing roms not being detected in a "complete set").

Also, is there any way someone like myself could be of assistance to the Final Burn Alpha team, such as testing, etc.? I am thankful for all of the hard work you guys in and excited for the .44 release.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 11:06:33 PM »
Check your pm for a hint.

The best way you can help is by playing games and reporting bugs if/when something unexpected comes up.  We always have a high regard to those that help out with good bug reports.

best regards,
- dink