Author Topic: Using xBR filters and correct aspect ratio in Full Screen Mode  (Read 8873 times)

Offline neocvera

• Newbies
Using xBR filters and correct aspect ratio in Full Screen Mode
« on: September 17, 2012, 02:24:13 PM »
I've been messing with the xBR filters and although I am certain that I tick using correct aspect ratio in full screen mode, the games fill up the entire screen. Is there something I am forgetting to select? Although it is pretty cool to view the games 16:9 full-screen, I'd like to keep the original aspect ratio. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Starzaka

Re: Using xBR filters and correct aspect ratio in Full Screen Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »
Wow I have the opposite problem, under the SoftFX blitter any xBR filter I try only takes up a tiny part of my screen on the left hand side. I can't seem to get it to fill my screen. Tried changing resolution, setting full stretch option, and gpu scaling on my nvidia card but nothing seems to work.

Offline zebrastripes

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 01:01:13 AM »
Have you guys tried using the the xBR filters and aspect settings under the Experimental Directx9  Blitter option?

Offline Starzaka

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 09:47:02 AM »
When I choose the Experimental option under blitters there's no option to choose any filters/shaders. I also tried using DirectX9(the option at the very bottom) but after the rom loads I get the error "Couldn't initialize 'DirectX9 Alternate video output' module" and get a black screen. Checked my system and my directx 9 is up to date, I also have the 2004 & 2010 sdk's installed. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:48:53 AM by Starzaka »

Offline zebrastripes

• Newbies
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 11:17:16 AM »
@ Starzaka

- Unzip a fresh copy of FB Alpha, and place a copy of "D3DX9_43.dll" in that folder;
 - Select DirectX9 Alt as your blitter;
 - Now select "4xBR Semi-Rounded" as your blitter option;
 - Under "Full Screen Resolution (Horizontal), click "other" and select your monitor's true display resolution (e.g. 1280x1024, 1920x1800);
 - Under "Monitor properties", "Automatically detect aspect ratio" should be ticked, under that select the appropriate format of your monitor (e.g. Mine is set to "Widescreen CRT aspect ratio 16:9");
 - Leave everything else as it is.

@ neocvera

- do as above but under the Stretch option, make sure to check and tick "Correct aspect ratio".

I hope that fixes your problem,

FYI, I'm running XP SP3 32-bit
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:27:15 AM by zebrastripes »

Offline Starzaka

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »
Unfortunately this didn't work for me, I placed D3DX9_43.dll in the main folder(where the executable is) and I got the same error. Does anyone know which version of the directx9 sdk this program was compiled with? I'm using windows 7 64-bit also, wondering if there's some directx10/11 features that are screwing things up.

Offline neocvera

• Newbies
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 02:16:17 AM »
- Under "Full Screen Resolution (Horizontal), click "other" and select your monitor's true display resolution (e.g. 1280x1024, 1920x1800);

I hope that fixes your problem,

I knew there was something I was missing. I didn't bother with the DX dll file but I did go into the horizontal deal and selected the 1080 res. Already had the other stuff selected (correct aspect ratio, etc).

Thanks for you help!