Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 158648 times)

Offline Pelucon8

Re: FB Neo Bugs Reports
« Reply #525 on: April 27, 2021, 02:12:53 AM »
Everything seems to be fine now. Thank you very much for fixing it, dink.  :smilie:

Offline KOHR

« Reply #526 on: April 27, 2021, 06:26:13 AM »
FBNeo has a rom "umk3uc" which is a hack of umk3. it hangs on continue screen and doesn't show all included graphics.  i'm the author of the hack and i would like to contact the developer who added this hack to provide information how to fix all the issues.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #527 on: April 27, 2021, 09:15:57 AM »
KOHR,
Hi, can you please provide info for fixing your hack?

best regards,
- dink

Offline KOHR

« Reply #528 on: April 27, 2021, 10:53:20 AM »
The current emulation level doesn't work with default settings. No way to make it work with the main branch. I would've made a new branch with FBNeo optimized settings. My rom is contionuously updating so i think i will just ask you to change checksums like once a year. Does this plan sound OK?
If yes, i will provide a source file with the new checksums when it's done
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 11:13:24 AM by KOHR »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #529 on: April 27, 2021, 02:53:22 PM »
KOHR, ok, but what kinda settings do we need to change to make it work?

Offline KOHR

« Reply #530 on: April 27, 2021, 04:01:54 PM »
The game hangs on the continue screen. The only thing is changed here is text. I don't know why it can hang the game but i'll revert this screen to default.
FBNeo emulation of sound for UMK3 is very bad. Default sound level is increased from 50% to 90%. This makes the game sound unbelievable bad for the hack. I'm going to revert it to the default value.
The game has additional graphics banks like another hack, "umk3 plus". I use hacked MAME to use those banks. An emulator should tell the rom he knows about the additional banks or rom will use standard banks only. I'm going to copy umk3 plus code for this, and force the rom to use the extened graphics without asking the emulator about this.
How should i provide the sources? Can i attach it here? What version should i use as a base? There will be really minor difference from your source, like new checksums for all files, nothing more i think.
Can i use emulator's name in the title screen? Like "FB NEO rom_version" to people can see it's a different branch.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 04:08:49 PM by KOHR »

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #531 on: April 27, 2021, 04:31:30 PM »
The game hangs on the continue screen.

Hmmmm dink fixed that one with https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo/commit/43582a2885e77eac83cf493f107b803a677fcbfb a few months ago, but it seems to be back (after the new tms340x0 cpu core got ported ?).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 04:41:19 PM by barbudreadmon »

Offline the_maq

« Reply #532 on: April 27, 2021, 07:46:31 PM »
@Dink - T2 - Arcade has been Guru Meditated  ?

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #533 on: April 27, 2021, 09:17:25 PM »
the_maq, Although, I think this was already fixed, try downloading the current exe, if it isn't, please let me know.

to all, I'm re-working some code, please be patient. :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #534 on: April 27, 2021, 09:20:45 PM »
The game hangs on the continue screen. The only thing is changed here is text. I don't know why it can hang the game but i'll revert this screen to default.
FBNeo emulation of sound for UMK3 is very bad. Default sound level is increased from 50% to 90%. This makes the game sound unbelievable bad for the hack. I'm going to revert it to the default value.
The game has additional graphics banks like another hack, "umk3 plus". I use hacked MAME to use those banks. An emulator should tell the rom he knows about the additional banks or rom will use standard banks only. I'm going to copy umk3 plus code for this, and force the rom to use the extened graphics without asking the emulator about this.
How should i provide the sources? Can i attach it here? What version should i use as a base? There will be really minor difference from your source, like new checksums for all files, nothing more i think.
Can i use emulator's name in the title screen? Like "FB NEO rom_version" to people can see it's a different branch.

Hi KOHR,
instead of making a new hack just for fbneo, why don't you let me try to properly support your hack? :)
I can lower the volume, and support the extra banks - no problem.  I'll even look into the continue screen.  Just, please attach or PM me links to the hacked mame code you are talking about so I can see how it is done (the banking, etc).  If you think any file might be questionable, use PM.

best regards,
- dink

Offline the_maq

« Reply #535 on: April 27, 2021, 09:59:37 PM »
the_maq, Although, I think this was already fixed, try downloading the current exe, if it isn't, please let me know.

to all, I'm re-working some code, please be patient. :)

best regards,
- dink
It's working - cheers  :cool:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 06:25:40 PM by the_maq »

Offline Pelucon8

« Reply #536 on: April 28, 2021, 07:08:27 AM »
Something about mortal kombat 2. I remember that in the original machine (and I can attest to this since I had the original plate in 1997) when entering a coin a voice came out that said "excellent", however in mame since some time ago this voice is omitted when entering a coin.

I know that this voice is heard when you enter coins when you are in character selection or when you are in a game, but what I mean is that it is not heard when you start the game emulation.

It's not a big deal and it doesn't bother, but the curious thing is that in an old version of mame (mame32 0.70) you can hear that voice from the beginning when you start the emulation. For some reason or another, in more recent versions of mame and fbn, it was lost or not emulated.

I will try to make two videos for you to see what I mean (they came out backwards, XD):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7ko7w6wokwc8u52/MK2.rar/file

In a nutshell, on the screen where the mortal kombat 2 logo appears with the classic "insert coin" you can't hear the voice that says "excellent".

Greetings.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 07:23:26 AM by Pelucon8 »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #537 on: April 28, 2021, 10:28:32 AM »
Pelucon8, I've been told an original mk2 pcb doesn't play "Excellent" on coin during attract mode.  Maybe there's some different versions of boards, where the newer version does play it, it's possible.  I tried to find a video for proof of someone coining up a real mk2 machine on yt, but they all have them on freeplay.  (real men don't use freeplay!!)
Early mame emulation didn't emulate the sound board, it was just a sample playback simulation, so that can't be considered.

All I am saying is: find me a video of a real mk2 machine coin-up during attract.  I need to see the full machine.  That's the reassurance I need in order to debug it.  :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Pelucon8

« Reply #538 on: April 28, 2021, 02:31:01 PM »
dink, I really don't know what revision of the pbc I had, but I do remember that when I threw coins it said that phrase, maybe it is as you say and that some pbc had them, I don't know. I sold the plate many years ago.

I will look for a video on youtuve to see if there is luck.

Regards  :smilie:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it seems that apparently it is not, here I found a video that, according to the title, is the original mk2 pbc and does not emit any sound when inserting coins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0oZ218nloI

But I'm sure I heard it in my pbc.... or am I confused with the "Outstanding" of mk3, pbc that I also had in those years?

It is better to leave it as it is now.

Regards.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 03:18:04 PM by Pelucon8 »

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #539 on: April 28, 2021, 09:22:57 PM »
Battle Garegga has a strange crackling noise around the start of 2nd stage (regardless of the stage order) which lasts for a few seconds and then goes away

Using the parent rom
Battle Garegga (Europe / USA / Japan / Asia) (Sat Feb 3 1996)

Anyone experienced something similar ?

I have the latest github build

Best regards

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 09:27:34 PM by ClessxAlghazanth »