Author Topic: Who has the latest FBAS SRC files? Some can upload?  (Read 7227 times)

Offline hxghwx

• Newbies
Who has the latest FBAS SRC files? Some can upload?
« on: February 11, 2013, 08:44:54 AM »
First thank you

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: Who has the latest FBAS SRC files? Some can upload?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:50:04 AM »
They don't release their latest sources and violate our license.

Offline lo585983

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 10:31:57 AM »
hxghwx don't ask fbas src in any where lol ......

Offline C.Y

• Newbies
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 11:05:36 AM »
Not released fbas src because some people used to do anti-fbas permission conducted for profit.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 01:34:22 PM »
Not released fbas src because some people used to do anti-fbas permission conducted for profit.
So that justifies using the source code from FBA for FBAs without our permission? Bunch of f***ing Hippocrates.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 03:50:08 PM »
So that justifies using the source code from FBA for FBAs without our permission? Bunch of f***ing Hippocrates.

I agree, that is not a valid excuse, releasing the source-code is top priority, no matter if someone is profiting or not.

Have the FB-Alpha-Team stopped releasing the source-code because people are violating our license?

Have the MAME-Dev-Team stopped releasing the source-code because people are violating their license?

We respect every man / woman that has contributed with code used in FB / FBA / MAME / etc, and we have made sure with time to give proper credits to everyone who deserves it.

FBAS developers should always release the source-code alongside every public release they make, no excuses.

SeeYa!
 :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:55:18 PM by CaptainCPS »

Offline C.Y

• Newbies
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 06:35:42 AM »

In the release and does not release it does not matter, I feel at least fba there release, in fact of fba and fbas drive is basically the same, not to mention the current is not new fbas the src but GOOGLE can also find the old version of fbas src, ifwant to develop, and now just need the the fba new drive conversion can render new fbas, I personally feel that there is no need to debate who is right and who is wrong, who violate what, I only know that, in the analog world noa person is clean, the author since the hold may have to hold onto the grounds, if you can put long put.
iq bit heavy tone.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 09:29:20 AM »
In the release and does not release it does not matter, I feel at least fba there release, in fact of fba and fbas drive is basically the same, not to mention the current is not new fbas the src but GOOGLE can also find the old version of fbas src, ifwant to develop, and now just need the the fba new drive conversion can render new fbas, I personally feel that there is no need to debate who is right and who is wrong, who violate what, I only know that, in the analog world noa person is clean, the author since the hold may have to hold onto the grounds, if you can put long put.
iq bit heavy tone.

I'm quite certain my tone is 100% appropriate. I have put countless hours into developing for FBA and these guys have the gall to suggest that they don't have to release their sources because other people "steal" them. Interestingly enough, that's exactly what they're doing to our sources!

Offline Haze

• MAME Devs
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 12:23:53 PM »
FBA also contains MAME code, so you're also in violation of the MAME license by not releasing the code.

It would not be inappropriate to file a piracy report with your hosting and demand they remove the files.