Author Topic: scan line shaders/filters for xbox 360  (Read 5507 times)

Offline jasmk1

scan line shaders/filters for xbox 360
« on: December 30, 2012, 10:32:29 PM »
I've set up the latest version of FBA on my 360 and have a few basic questions for any one who might be able to help;

1) where do I find scaneline filters like the "interpolated 25%" ones back in FBA beta 2.2? I know where to put em but not where I can down load em. The scanline filter that comes stock is really bad and I would like to play these games in as close to native resolution as I could get on the 360.

2)How can I get background pictures on the hardware filter/ROM selection screens back like the one available way back like in FBA beta 2.2? the game selection screens look bland with out them at the moment.

How ever I must give a big thankyou out to everyone involved in getting this emu out as it is much appreciated down here in Adelaide, Australia. Awsome effort -Cheers

Offline lantus

• Expert
Re: scan line shaders/filters for xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 11:05:19 AM »
1) that was an older software filter which was removed and replaced with pixel shaders. I will start incorporating more interesting shaders in future builds

2) its temporarily disabled for now. I've been working on tweaking the UI to be more responsive so I started working on threading out the preview/video functionality so it wouldn't "stall" the UI when browsing roms. In anycase when the .28 release came out I stopped working on the UI to release it out the door

Offline jasmk1

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 03:41:37 AM »
No worries. better loading is a good thing. I wasn't a fan of the video previews for that reason. I own most of the titles I really like in pcb format, so I can still at least play those in native resolution but they require a fair bit of work to maintain which is why I really appreciate your effort with FBA. Its my favorite homebrew app for the 360 by far. It also lead me to make more pcb purchases as I could play the titles that never made it to arcades down here. Cheers

Offline lantus

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 11:31:24 AM »
thanks. Appreciate the kind words

im also a PCB guy - its an addiction thats hard to control :D

Offline jasmk1

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 12:33:29 AM »
Yeah I got that bug. I wish I had more space for more cabs too. Also thought I should check to make sure I saved my config file right, I saved it as ANSI -is that the correct format? and should the extra ROM packs like megadrive etc be included from folder 10 on wards or doesn't that matter? Cheers