Author Topic: NeoGeo Universal DIPswitches/BIOS configuration?  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Amaryllis

NeoGeo Universal DIPswitches/BIOS configuration?
« on: March 23, 2020, 06:42:47 PM »
Hi, everyone!
I know it is possible to do an universal input map in FBA, so I was wondering if it is possible to do an universal DIPswitch or BIOS configuration in NeoGeo games so I don't have to change every game one by one. I would like to run all my NeoGeo games with the AES Japan bios, is this possible?

Sorry if this has already been asked, I did Google this question but found nothing...
Thanks!

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: NeoGeo Universal DIPswitches/BIOS configuration?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 08:44:17 PM »
Hi Amaryllis,
Here's how I do it:

1: load up a neogeo game, set up the inputs and dips up as you'd like
2: in the input editor (F5), press the [Save Preset] button

These new settings will take effect for any NeoGeo game that hasn't been run yet.  For games that use the old settings, you can do either:
A: go into directory config/games and delete the .ini file for each NeoGeo game -or-
B: from the input editor (F5), first pull-down select "Player 1", second pull-down select "neogeo", then click Use Preset

This same method can be used for other systems, like NES or Megadrive, except option A is a lot easier, as the input/dip config filename is prefixed with nes_ or md_.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Amaryllis

Re: NeoGeo Universal DIPswitches/BIOS configuration?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 10:41:56 PM »
Hi Amaryllis,
Here's how I do it:

1: load up a neogeo game, set up the inputs and dips up as you'd like
2: in the input editor (F5), press the [Save Preset] button

These new settings will take effect for any NeoGeo game that hasn't been run yet.  For games that use the old settings, you can do either:
A: go into directory config/games and delete the .ini file for each NeoGeo game -or-
B: from the input editor (F5), first pull-down select "Player 1", second pull-down select "neogeo", then click Use Preset

This same method can be used for other systems, like NES or Megadrive, except option A is a lot easier, as the input/dip config filename is prefixed with nes_ or md_.

best regards,
- dink

Oh I did save preset before but I was trying to save only inputs. It was after that that I changed the DIPs so I didn't notice, lol.
Thank you very much, mister dink!, it worked like a charm!