Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 763217 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread
« Reply #2250 on: August 30, 2021, 01:55:38 PM »
May be a little late but I'm digging the low pass filter. Really adds a lot to those Williams games that had built in subwoofers!  :biggrin:

we always appreciate comments, thanks :)
I'm doing my best to fix any games that are incompatible with the filter, if you find any - please let us know, and they'll get fixed ASAP :)

Incompatibilities can be like: sound drops out in parts or completely, get distorted or just sound bad.

best regards & thanks,
- dink

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
« Reply #2251 on: August 30, 2021, 03:21:22 PM »
The only problem I've run into is I can't seem to get DonPachi to run, it just crashes Retroarch on my Nvidia Shield. But I doubt that's the result of the filter since other games that ran on that driver work fine.  :S

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #2252 on: August 30, 2021, 04:23:41 PM »
The only problem I've run into is I can't seem to get DonPachi to run, it just crashes Retroarch on my Nvidia Shield. But I doubt that's the result of the filter since other games that ran on that driver work fine.  :S

Try going to support/samples under the fbneo directory and rename donpachi.zip to donpachi.temp then give it a try...  With the cdquality soundtrack, it requires 277megs of ram, without samples about 18megs. 

best regards,
- dink

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
« Reply #2253 on: August 30, 2021, 06:01:57 PM »
Try going to support/samples under the fbneo directory and rename donpachi.zip to donpachi.temp then give it a try...  With the cdquality soundtrack, it requires 277megs of ram, without samples about 18megs. 

best regards,
- dink

Tried it. Same result. Oh well.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #2254 on: August 30, 2021, 08:22:09 PM »
JoelH,
This is concerning, could you please post your logfile after trying to start the game? 

best regards,
- dink

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
« Reply #2255 on: August 30, 2021, 08:58:53 PM »
JoelH,
This is concerning, could you please post your logfile after trying to start the game? 

best regards,
- dink

Nevermind, I'm a dummy. There were two sets of samples with the same name in the Retroarch folder and I apparently renamed the wrong one.  :rolleyes:

Online barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #2256 on: August 31, 2021, 03:09:53 AM »
@JoelH So you confirm the game is working properly after you remove the samples ? If so, could you confirm the format you were using ? Does the crash happen with the other format ? I have a feeling you were using 7z and the crash won't happen with zip.

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
« Reply #2257 on: August 31, 2021, 08:46:12 AM »
@JoelH So you confirm the game is working properly after you remove the samples ? If so, could you confirm the format you were using ? Does the crash happen with the other format ? I have a feeling you were using 7z and the crash won't happen with zip.

It was a .7z yes. I'd probably have to download a new set or rezip it as a .zip but none of the other samples have given me any trouble.

EDIT: I'll be damned! .zip works. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 09:00:49 AM by JoelH »

Online barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #2258 on: August 31, 2021, 09:01:55 AM »
none of the other samples have given me any trouble.

Then it's probably about the size of donpachi's sample file, extracting that 7z will take several dozens of seconds on your android device (it already does on my old i7-2600), probably causing one of those annoying ANR issues (meaning android kills the app because it considers it's unresponsive). On the other side, extracting zip is almost instant. 7z is a format i would never recommend tbh...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 09:04:47 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
« Reply #2259 on: August 31, 2021, 09:18:14 AM »
Then it's probably about the size of donpachi's sample file, extracting that 7z will take several dozens of seconds on your android device (it already does on my old i7-2600), probably causing one of those annoying ANR issues (meaning android kills the app because it considers it's unresponsive). On the other side, extracting zip is almost instant. 7z is a format i would never recommend tbh...
Alas that's what Retroarch automatically downloads in. At least its just that one set that causes problems.

Online barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #2260 on: August 31, 2021, 09:27:35 AM »
Alas that's what Retroarch automatically downloads in.

What do you mean ? I never heard of RetroArch automatically downloading those sample files ?

Offline retroFuture

• Newbies
  • Advanced Amateur
« Reply #2261 on: August 31, 2021, 03:53:51 PM »
retroFuture,
The wip builds are available, which are usually built 5-10 minutes after we submit code to github.  They can be found here:
https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/tag/appveyor-build
I recommend getting https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/download/appveyor-build/fbn-win32-gcc.7z

Ignore the 2019 date on that page, that was when the page was created - the actual files are very much up-to-date :)

best regards,
- dink

Thanks! This build worked. All the errors I previously reported (incl. 2 new ones I was about to report from Lakka/RPi4) are fixed in this version. Looking forward to the new build bundled with the upcoming Lakka 3.4

Offline retroFuture

• Newbies
  • Advanced Amateur
« Reply #2262 on: August 31, 2021, 04:05:14 PM »
retroFuture, thanks for the report, problem solved :)

Re: Audio bug in Ginga NinkyouDen (ginganin.zip)
I noted that you fixed the death music jingle (good job!)
However, the player's death scream sfx is missing.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #2263 on: August 31, 2021, 08:24:41 PM »
Re: Audio bug in Ginga NinkyouDen (ginganin.zip)
I noted that you fixed the death music jingle (good job!)
However, the player's death scream sfx is missing.

Thanks, well, the death sfx is chosen randomly, and one of the choices is nothing, try it a couple times :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #2264 on: August 31, 2021, 08:31:26 PM »
Thanks! This build worked. All the errors I previously reported (incl. 2 new ones I was about to report from Lakka/RPi4) are fixed in this version. Looking forward to the new build bundled with the upcoming Lakka 3.4

That's great :)

best regards,
- dink