Author Topic: FB Alpha 0.2.96.92 Release  (Read 39560 times)

Offline KOF2112

• Expert
FB Alpha 0.2.96.92 Release
« on: August 11, 2008, 05:26:48 PM »

http://www.barryharris.me.uk/index.php

v0.2.96.92
- Captain CPS-X readded netplay and removed the dependancy on any external
  dlls - use them at your own risk
- Fixed a problem with the SuperScale filter on nVidia gfx cards
- Merged in Captain CPS-X's improvements to the game selection dialog
- Fixed a problem with the game information dialog displaying incorrect images
- Updated the romcenter dat module to support the latest romcenter
- Imported fixes from MAME 0.126u4 for fm.c
- Added a flag for MVS Cartidges and changed hardware description output
- Matched all sets to MAME 0.126u4

Offline LittleKaneda

Re: FB Alpha 0.2.96.92 Release
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 09:13:49 PM »
 :biggrin: Thanks! picked it up this morning and everything is clean!
Great work on the game selection, guys, and the netplay support is always good to see;
I'll have to get into that again really soon.

question: what is src/burner/win32/resource/preview_small.bmp? I haven't noticed it yet.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:16:41 PM by LittleKaneda »

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 12:19:43 AM »
Here is my final work on the image download feature, it took me longer because I had to do the modifications manually all over again in the newest source code, I did that because I didnt want to mess new introduced features coming soon ( yeah I noticed some nice things in the newest source ^^ ..but I will keep it secret for now xD LOL )

Barry, I simplified / consolidated LoadPNG(), UpdatePreview(), etc.. that were used in different kind of modules and now they are in one new file called 'png.cpp'...

vid_interface.cpp and ips_manager.cpp were cleaned....gameinfo.cpp and sel.cpp are cleaner now...I made some other cleanings around too...you should be able to notice the changes if you take a quick look at the code in the packed files ^^

Note!: Everything I implemented will NOT change new features that were added into the latest source files, I used them as base..just to let it clear  :biggrin: (I use a program to check diff in files visually, that way I can do modifications easily)

Note2!: This update is ONLY compatible with FB Alpha v0.2.96.92

Check the attached pictures for some previews of new stuff  ;p...and a unicode / vc compiled binary with the updates

PS: I still haven't uploaded the flyers / marquees / cabinets/ etc to my server, only previews and titles, but I will now that I finished working with the coding  ;p

EDIT: Removed attachements to prevent confusions, check the latest post for updated source files.

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 12:24:59 AM »

question: what is src/burner/win32/resource/preview_small.bmp? I haven't noticed it yet.

I'm thinking it is related with something ...secret...for now >__>...you may find clues in some places around the source files xD LOL

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 02:09:08 AM »
I noticed I missed the aspect ratio updates Barry implemented...but Im fixing it as I write this here so soon I'll post the corrections im making to the new simplified PNG loading function  :smilie:

SeeYaa!

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 03:14:20 AM »
I'm thinking it is related with something ...secret...for now >__>...you may find clues in some places around the source files xD LOL

SeeYaa!

There's nothing secret - it's in the source if people want to look. I've made a start on it - we'll have to see how far it goes as I only have an idea how to do it for now. :)
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 03:16:29 AM »
Implemented the Aspect ratio fix and the code involving 'Screentshot = 1;' variable now its handled again in the LoadPNG() parameters =)...I missed those things because to consolidate the PNG function I did a remake of the function itself in a way that other modules that use the function as well dont have any side effects.

Now 'everything' i have tested is working fine so far. The thing I'm thinking now is to add a little option in the ini to enable or disable the image downloading feature.

Oh btw!, Flyers are 70% uploaded to the server (MAME pack) later I have to upload a shorter pack with all FBA flyers only, have to verify some because it seems some PNG make FBA crash, but its something unrelated to the new features.

I will attach here the updated src of my newest modifications and will remove the previous attachments to prevent confusions (if you dont see the attachments now check in some minutes, will clean the posts first)

EDIT: Attached the updated source files, I took a time to do a clean compilation to check if everything was right and no problems were found ^^, Enjoy!

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 03:19:43 AM »
There's nothing secret - it's in the source if people want to look. I've made a start on it - we'll have to see how far it goes as I only have an idea how to do it for now. :)

Haha! I was just joking lol ^^... I just said secret but that would make ppl check the source xD, btw.. nice stuff youre working! Keep it up man!, Im thinking about helping with the jukebox if you want when I finish with the image download thing  :smilie:

SeeYaa!

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 04:00:22 AM »
Haha! I was just joking lol ^^... I just said secret but that would make ppl check the source xD, btw.. nice stuff youre working! Keep it up man!, Im thinking about helping with the jukebox if you want when I finish with the image download thing  :smilie:

SeeYaa!

Feel free to look at the jukebox if you want - I've never got back to it yet.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 04:02:21 AM »
Implemented the Aspect ratio fix and the code involving 'Screentshot = 1;' variable now its handled again in the LoadPNG() parameters =)...I missed those things because to consolidate the PNG function I did a remake of the function itself in a way that other modules that use the function as well dont have any side effects.

Now 'everything' i have tested is working fine so far. The thing I'm thinking now is to add a little option in the ini to enable or disable the image downloading feature.

Oh btw!, Flyers are 70% uploaded to the server (MAME pack) later I have to upload a shorter pack with all FBA flyers only, have to verify some because it seems some PNG make FBA crash, but its something unrelated to the new features.

I will attach here the updated src of my newest modifications and will remove the previous attachments to prevent confusions (if you dont see the attachments now check in some minutes, will clean the posts first)

EDIT: Attached the updated source files, I took a time to do a clean compilation to check if everything was right and no problems were found ^^, Enjoy!

SeeYaa!

Nice work - I'll look at the changes ASAP. As for the PNG issue - it's been there all along - not sure what causes it. I don't know if the fault is the images, libPNG, or something in the FBA code.

Oh, and I was planning an option to enable or disable the downloading. My thought is that it should default to off and the user then has to give permission for FBA to use their internet connection.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 04:03:40 AM by Treble Winner »

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 04:23:29 AM »
Nice work - everything appears to be working fine from what I can see. Would you be up for adding the download support to the "secret" dialog? I'm thinking we should show titles for that dialog.

Actually I'm thinking that if I use the LoadPNG() function then it will probably work anyway!

Edit - nope it won't. I need UpdatePreview() to allow me to specify the ID of the control to update. eg, whether we should be updating IDC_SCREENSHOT_H or whether it should be IDC_NGSLOT1_IMAGE, or IDC_NGSLOT2_IMAGE, etc.

Cap - you up for that?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 04:34:31 AM by Treble Winner »

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 04:52:49 AM »
Nice work - everything appears to be working fine from what I can see. Would you be up for adding the download support to the "secret" dialog? I'm thinking we should show titles for that dialog.

Actually I'm thinking that if I use the LoadPNG() function then it will probably work anyway!

Sure! ^^ that should be pretty cool! I can do that! I took a time to see the structure of the dialog and I think it shouldnt be hard using LoadPNG() as you mentioned  :smilie:

btw, how do you plan on selecting the 'cartridges'? parsing a game list on a new selection dialog?..if its like that then...you will probably will use flags to exclude other games from the list right?

EDIT - Removed 'secrets' from my post xD LOL

SeeYaa!

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 04:56:25 AM »
Sure! ^^ that should be pretty cool! I can do that! I took a time to see the structure of the dialog and I think it shouldnt be hard using LoadPNG() as you mentioned  :smilie:

btw, how do you plan on selecting the 'secret items'? parsing a list on a new selection dialog?..if its like that then...you will probably will use flags to exclude other items from the list right?

SeeYaa!

That's already done. :) The first select button works. It uses the current selection dialog with only the relevant items shown.

It's the reason why I added the HARDWARE_SNK_MVSCARTRIDGE flag to the relevant drivers. :)

Offline 0746

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 05:08:13 AM »
Nice! Another awesome update. Not much changes in burn...phew ^_^'.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 05:19:26 AM »
Cap - I have attached my updated files (with your changes in).

If you're going to work on PNG support you might as well have these. :)