Author Topic: FBA universal imput map?  (Read 14105 times)

Offline yro

FBA universal imput map?
« on: November 25, 2015, 02:11:48 PM »
Hi guys.

Is there a way to set an universal imput mapping for final burn so I dont need to configure each game imput mapping?

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: FBA universal imput map?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 04:21:07 PM »
Of course!

Step 1: Set up the inputs for 2 different games, 1: An arcade game with preferably 3 or more buttons, we will use "Golden Axe (set 6, US, 8751 317-123A), 2: A Neo-Geo game, how about "Cyber-Lip (NGM-010)"
Step 2: Load up the arcade game that is set up and go to inputs (F5), click "Save Preset"
Step 3: On the first pulldown select "Player 1", now click "Make Default"

At this point, these settings will be used for every game loaded after this point.

Neo-Geo & Megadrive uses different button names, so now its time to do some editing.
Go into "FBAlpha Folder\config\presets" and edit preset.ini.  Also go into "FBAlpha Folder\config\games" and edit cyberlip.ini

You will then want to copy the buttons A-D for player 1 from the cyberlip.ini into preset.ini right under the last entry for P1, in this case will be "P1 Fire 3"

Save preset.ini with the new changes and your done.

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:24:24 PM by dink »

Offline yro

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 03:01:15 PM »
I almost 270 roms frm cps3 to comodore. How to set up one universal preset to be recognized by any of these games? Is that possible?

I dont understand verywell what You explained before.

It would be nice if FBA had an configuration gui with ALL JOYSTICK KEYS so we can click on that config dialog and configure everything from that single gui so all the games will work with our joysticks. Is that possible to be done on fba?

sorry about my english..

Offline yro

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 04:08:33 PM »
I was looking at the presets from fba... I have an doubt: is that possible to create one preset for each machine and then copy all the configurations and paste into one singe preset to be used as default? or wont it work that way?

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 10:05:21 PM »
yes, you can do that - you just have to make sure to only copy the different inputs into the preset, and make sure they are under the right player section.

best regards,
- dink

Offline yro

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 08:19:17 AM »
ok. this is good news.

what about some kind of tool to type all the inputs necessary for all machines emulated by fba? so we can have an "all-in-one" preset for fba? This tool could just add the configurations from any machine into one preset, like you said to be possible. a tool for that would be great. is that possible?

one more and last question: can you, or someone else, provide an default "complete" preset for fba so I can have an idea of where to paste what?

edit.: dink, how can I make one preset to be default when opening fba? I have the latest version. I created one simple preset for cps1 and I want fba to use this preset when I open fba but I dont know how to do it. I mark the preset as default but when i close fba the preset rolls back to the previous (the keyboard layout default when opening fba for the first time).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:23:03 AM by yro »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 07:47:17 PM »
To answer your last question:
load the game where the inputs are set up how you like them.
press f5
click "save preset"
select "player 1" in the first pulldown box, above the "save preset" button
select "preset" in the second pulldown box which is above the "default" button
click "make default". 

you might have to clean up (delete) old .ini files in "your fba folder"\config\games\ that use the old keyboard settings, that way the new default preset can be used for these games.  Or better yet, move them all to a temporary folder just incase.

best regards,
- dink

Offline yro

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 02:53:31 PM »
thanks dink. ill try, later, to produce somekind of global preset for my finalburn alpha and make it public with the instructions on how to edit it in a easy way so people can have it working proper on any kind of scenarios...

if possible to answer, is that any plans to finalburn have an universal joypad mapping for any system that is emulated on it? better than messing with presets.. Please consider this. This could make easier for anybody to try fba or stick with it.

One of the biggest problem with fba is exactly this situation with the presets. Other than that i love this project and run it with "2-xbr-rounded" filter. All my games run perfect and beautiful!!! thanks to your hard work with fba..

anyway, have a great crhistmas and a beautiful year ending. for you, all the devs and users and yours families.

oh.. and sorry about my english.

Online Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 06:30:06 PM »
anyway, have a great crhistmas and a beautiful year ending. for you, all the devs and users and yours families.

Thanks and merry Christmas to you too! :) I would also like to extend my wish to all neosource devs and users! :)

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 08:27:54 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone :)

Offline yro

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 02:47:39 PM »
Hi all..

What a great new year. Hope for the best on you all. Have a great new year.

Im doing the preset thing. I already have configured one preset.ini with PGM, CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, Generic hardwares configured as default preset in one preset.ini file. All working here. Well, atleast the few games ive tested so far. Im doing it just for p1. Later i intend to do it for p1 and p2 so I have all seted up to play with my son.

I guess its time to consider one arcade joystic for 2 players, or one arcade multi-games machine build by me offcourse... DIY for the win!!!

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 02:50:49 PM »
yro thanks - happy new year! :)
I think it is great that you get to share the experience with your son.

best regards,
- dink