Author Topic: Android port?  (Read 6501 times)

Offline trickytree

• Newbies
Android port?
« on: March 18, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »
The Xperia Play is crying out for some FBA goodness, is anyone up to the task?

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: Android port?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 09:10:08 PM »
It would be sweet on android. And I think i've seen some illegal builds there. 
An interesting place to start may be the iphone version.
https://github.com/yoyofr/iFBA/tree/master/fba_src

Offline neocvera

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 12:30:09 AM »
I don't know squat of the coding involved in creating ports for various systems but I am trying to help where I can with the iOS port. I came up with a crude form so users could drop some info of compatibility, etc.

I really wanted to make a form that had all of the titles on a drop down list to select from but there are thousands and I wouldnt know how to quickly and efficiently do such a thing. It is exciting to see it running on an iPad though. I remember iq, youve made various forms or systems that would generate info. I recall wanting to pick your brain on creating a MVS Label generator about 7 years ago but never had the guts to bug your about it. At the time, I was on an MVS spree and a lot of my carts had crap labels, etc. Anyway.............I digress. It would be pretty cool to see some of the PC devs help out with other builds but I don't know the rules or stance on such things or how you all view them (fbanext, ifba, etc). Your experience and knowledge would likely come in handy for some issues encountered.

For example, currently, Forgotten Worlds is one of the issues on iFBA where the control functions are missing the rotation ability within the game. I've tried editing the ini file to map a button but rotation is slow and in one direction (successful at getting rotation..........but results aren't desirable). This is an issue that I'm sure someone around here could probably figure out as I'm sure it was encountered many many builds ago.

It is an impressive port and runs a lot of games at high speed/ accurately.

Offline trickytree

• Newbies
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 02:22:14 PM »
It would be sweet on android. And I think i've seen some illegal builds there. 
An interesting place to start may be the iphone version.
https://github.com/yoyofr/iFBA/tree/master/fba_src
Bah, unfortunately yoyofr (porter of FBA to iOS) doesn't have an Android device to port FBA to.

I shall try my pointing stick of gentle persuasion elsewhere.

kev

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 06:59:40 PM »
I've ported FBA to ipad, blackberry playbook and made a start on an android port. And when I say ported, I mean made it so a game or two would run. Personally, i'd recommend buying the most expensive android device on the market along with some sort of controller pad and then post it to lantus. ;)

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 07:04:54 PM »
i'd recommend buying the most expensive android device on the market along with some sort of controller pad and then post it to lantus. ;)

I couldn't agree more. ^^

Offline trickytree

• Newbies
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 11:31:59 PM »
I've ported FBA to ipad, blackberry playbook and made a start on an android port. And when I say ported, I mean made it so a game or two would run. Personally, i'd recommend buying the most expensive android device on the market along with some sort of controller pad and then post it to lantus. ;)
I'm with you all the way apart from the bit about spending money  :p

Did your Android port run slowly? Would have thought FBA would run fine on Android, seeing as there's ARM ASM cores for both 68000 and Z80.

Any thoughts on resurrecting the port?  ;p