Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 761055 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: dink's FBA Development & Fixes thread
« Reply #1590 on: April 27, 2019, 12:18:44 AM »
Added support for the ColecoVision SuperGame Module, which adds 32k of ram + ay8910chip.  Thanks to the nice writeup @ atariage forum: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/203851-super-game-module-technical-forum/ - it was a very easy add.

Also added are the "non MSX-hack" games from Team Pixelboy.  Why did I leave out the MSX-hack games: the MSX versions are much better, and we already support those..  (Cold blood is the exception, though)

Some neat games added w/notes:
Cold Blood is a PacMan style game mixed with Metal Gear.  Its weird and neat, and has powerups :)
Frostbite and Kaboom! classic Atari2600 games "remade" for Colecovision.  Very quality stuff here, I've been playing these quite a bit :)
Zaxxon SuperGame: its a beefed up version of Zaxxon, with SGM support
Mecha-8: originally programmed for MSX, Oscar Toledo G. ported this to ColecoVision+SGM himself
Dragon's Lair SGM: based on the Prototype, this one has been finished and niceified by the Pixelboy team
All roms can be downloaded from the first post on AtariAge forum's "Team Pixelboy news" post: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/273502-team-pixelboy-news-bulletin-december-25th-2017/
or the last link in this message (pixelboy_fba.zip)

also find fba "test" exe with these games+esprade/guwange lagfix attached!

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 12:26:34 AM by dink »

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #1591 on: April 27, 2019, 01:10:26 AM »
Thanks a lot for the additions! :)

Dragon's Lair! During the 80s I was a big fan of this game... I loved the coin-op version and I played a lot with the C64 version (very similar to the Coleco SGM release, as I recall) ! ;)

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #1592 on: April 27, 2019, 04:17:20 AM »
Awesome work as always :) (NB : i'll send a PR for the other sgm games later so don't bother adding them)

About the sh4 dynarec, i'm a bit curious, i know someone who wrote 2 of them (x64 and aarch64) under GPL license : hypothetically could he write one for fba (most likely using a lot of code from his GPL one) and say this new one is under fba license ?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 06:08:20 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline el_rika

« Reply #1593 on: April 27, 2019, 04:23:14 AM »
hi el_rika, I investigated Esp.Ra.De and found that it and Guwange had 1 extra frame of lag (like dodonpachi a while back).  It now responds after 2 frames, just like other emu.
Do you know Guwange?  When you really understand this game, and can keep a chain from beginning until more than halfway through the game, it is the best feeling -- I can't explain it :)  I get the same feeling when doing 2-ALL of Cyvern on 1 coin, but for Guwnge..  it starts with the first level!!

Regarding cv1k - this has already been discussed (though, probably not publicly)
Here's the current cv1k deal, broken down into needed components:
soundcore+finishing+dbug+etc - dink
driver+vid - iq_132
cpu(sh4) - ? (not iq_132 or dink)

When we have sh4, the rest will happen.  basically, we need help w/this one.

best regards,
- dink

Heya man

Hopefuly theew will be someone willing to participate in the the great effort of bringing cv1000 to FB?.

Regarding ESprade, i can't wait to test it with minus 1 frame of lag (which really counts for those tight evading) :biggrin: Could the powers that be compile the new changes into the Android fba core of Retroarch maybe? Thannkks!!  :biggrin:

Ps: Never played Gwange seriously but i always loved the aestethics, and now with your recommandation, i will certainly get into it soon!  Cyvern is absolutely amazing but i still find it very tough to play right... :redface:

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #1594 on: April 27, 2019, 07:51:07 AM »
About the sh4 dynarec, i'm a bit curious, i know someone who wrote 2 of them (x64 and aarch64) under GPL license : hypothetically could he write one for fba (most likely using a lot of code from his GPL one) and say this new one is under fba license ?

This would be great! :)
IIRC the main CPU of Cave CV1000 arcade board is a Hitachi SH3, so also a "simple" SH3 dynarec should be enough! :P

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1595 on: April 27, 2019, 08:36:46 AM »
Barbudreadmon, if he is willing to double-license it, that would be great :)  Also it would need a non-dynarec version also, so we can support everyone.  I'm against supporting only the 64bit version of fbalpha, because it is a buggy heap of derp and missing the only complete blitter.

Gab75, you're being silly:)

el_rika, good luck!

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #1596 on: April 27, 2019, 11:42:58 AM »
Gab75, you're being silly:)

:redface: ...  :p

Offline xerf84

« Reply #1597 on: April 28, 2019, 12:08:09 PM »
Hi guys, I would like to report a detail, at the beginning of the game Marvel vs capcom the announcer says Colossus. This does not happen in MAME ... Greetings.

Offline DarkShadowMD

• Newbies
  • I like arcades and art!
    • DarkShadow M.D. Art Corner
« Reply #1598 on: April 28, 2019, 06:51:52 PM »
If it helps, I noticed a little bug in the Jamma PCB version of Kof2003, the first time you load the game, all runs good, but, if you close emulation and restart the game, sound is completely lost, and you can't access dip switches (its like gone or corrupted)
No.... no no no... it's not Sarcoidosis!

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1599 on: April 28, 2019, 07:52:31 PM »
DarkShadowMD, I am having a little trouble reproducing the problem on my side, could you please attach the following files to help:
config/games/kf2k3pcb.ini
config/games/kf2k3pcb.fs
config/fba*.ini

best regards,
- dink

Offline Fulg0re

« Reply #1600 on: May 04, 2019, 06:27:05 AM »
Hi Ding,

i just tested some more Games which i have installed and use nearly at least on time per week.
Demon Front ... A very cool Metal Slug clone does not work with the new Mame 208 Roms.
I have some older Version of the game which is working fine but still tagged as imperfect.
Ketsui do work with lates FBA and 208 Mame Roms perfect. No Issue.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #1601 on: May 04, 2019, 06:31:56 AM »
Demon Front ... A very cool Metal Slug clone does not work with the new Mame 208 Roms.

A lot of pgm games won't work OOTB with mame roms, you need to rebuild the romsets for fba.

Offline Fulg0re

« Reply #1602 on: May 04, 2019, 06:45:23 AM »
I see ...

well i will try it :)

EDIT: Found a PGM Zip File with the missing Bios.
Demonfront runs on latest FBA now great. Every Version

Version 102 China
Version 103
Version 105
Version 107 Korea SIngel PCB

Great :)
One last thing regarding this game.
Is it possible to enable blood ?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 07:42:50 AM by Fulg0re »

Offline Ryvius86

• FBNeo Contributor
  • Magneto was right.
    • Ryvius86/FBAlphaFB
« Reply #1603 on: May 04, 2019, 08:25:23 AM »
Unfortunately not dude - I checked the all the settings and cheat files. Which is a shame, I know you can in Metal Slug.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1604 on: May 04, 2019, 09:26:57 AM »
a big small news
~
Added buffered stream syncing to the ay8910 and sn764_96/89/89a chips.  With this change, now its possible to remove about 15-lines of support code from drivers that use these chips, and replace with 2 lines of  code.  It also improves the sound quality and uses less cpu - because now we're syncing the chips when they are accessed, instead of just doing it several(mostly unneeded) times per frame. 
For me, this is big - I always disliked the mess these chips caused in the drivers due to the non-buffered implementation.  But in reality, most people won't even realize a difference - except for things that use these chips as a sort of rudimentary DAC:
For Coleco, MSX and SMS: Squish 'Em Sam(coleco), 180deg(msx), and Lemmings(sms) - the digital voices emitted by these chips are now super-clear.

There's still a lot to do, almost every driver using these chips needs to be modified & tested.

best regards,
- dink