Final Burn Neo > FBN Development

dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread

<< < (2/545) > >>

dink:
Today I'm working again with the psikyo driver, this time the problem is with Samurai Aces.  Either the tile ram or rom is somehow getting clobbered on return from a savestate (save state load).  I spent quite a bit of time with it so far and can't see anything obvious, so later today after a nice break I'm going to dig a little deeper.  If you want to see the problem for yourself, fire up Samurai Aces, start the game and as soon as the playfield appears, save the state, then load it - you'll see a couple of the background tiles are corrupted.  It might not seem too bad at this point, but in the later levels the entire backgrounds are messed up in the same fashion.
...well, thats it for now...

best regards,
- dink

Handybo:
Some nice fixes there, dink.

Personally, i think save state support should be scrapped from FBA as it causes more trouble and game breaking bugs than it is worth. Real arcade games don't have saves (except for passwords like in Red Earth) so i don't see why arcade emulators need them.... but thats just my blinkered opinion. :D

dink:
Handybo: thanks :)

best regards,
- dink

dink:
Hi Guys,
Just a little update on what I've been doing today.  I spent almost all day trying to figure out what exactly is causing the tile corruption in Samurai Aces.  I've got to the point where I've tried everything I can think of, and none of them worked.  The only thing I can do now is take a nice long break, and come back to it later....

I won't give up though!  :smilie:

best regards,
- dink

Barry Harris:
dink,

Thanks for the fixes.

Can you register on assembla.com and let me know your username by PM or post here. Once I get your username I'll invite you to the SVN.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version