Author Topic: What's the difference between DirectX 9 billter modes ? (Experimental & Alt)  (Read 3208 times)

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

What's the difference between the 2 DirectX 9 blitters  (Experimental & DirectX 9 Alt) ?

And which is more suitable for casual player ? (and best performance)

I don't use any filters or scanlines , motion blur or effects

I used to use Basic blitter but it seems my gfx card doesn't support hardware rotation for DDraw mode so games which need rotation are displayed upside down , so I'm considering swithching to DX9 blitter

Btw the red pause icon which is displayed when you pause the game on DDraw mode isn't displayed on DX9 blitter modes , is that normal or a bug ?

Best regards

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Both of the dx9 blitters are kinda "experimental" quality and don't support the OSD (such as pause icon, etc).  Use the one which works best on your system.  Kev is working on a new dx9 blitter which should be nothing short of amazing.  I'm anxious to see how that turns out.

I will attempt again at fixing the rotation in the basic blitters when hw rotation is missing.  The last two times I tried, I failed, so.. wish me luck!

best regards,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

Both of the dx9 blitters are kinda "experimental" quality and don't support the OSD (such as pause icon, etc).  Use the one which works best on your system.  Kev is working on a new dx9 blitter which should be nothing short of amazing.  I'm anxious to see how that turns out.

I will attempt again at fixing the rotation in the basic blitters when hw rotation is missing.  The last two times I tried, I failed, so.. wish me luck!

best regards,
- dink

I see ! :) Thanks very much for the answer !

DX9 Alt seems to be  working without any issues so sticking with it for the time being

Excited about the new blitter , and good luck on the fixes !

Thank you for all the amazing work on the emulator :)

BEst regards

Offline dink

• Administrator
Thanks buddy, the basic blitter should be fine now, as far as flipping issues are concerned :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

Thanks buddy, the basic blitter should be fine now, as far as flipping issues are concerned :)

best regards,
- dink

Wow , that was quick , dink ! Thanks a heap !!

Offline dink

• Administrator
You're welcome!   Thanks for trying it

best regards,
- dink