Author Topic: Controller not being recognized and screen resolution problems  (Read 1266 times)

Offline SheikProteico

Controller not being recognized and screen resolution problems
« on: November 10, 2023, 01:20:24 PM »
Final Burners, I have two problems in hand and I hope yall might help me out
1- I use a game/library/emulator manager called Playnite, when I boot games through It (using {ImageNameNoExt} as an argument) I get a error: "Error setting 128072016,bpp" display mode. When I launch the games through FBN normally It goes well. I belive my argument is the problem, so what should I use? I'm playing SNK games (KOF `98, 2003, SamSho 2, 4 and 5S) and CPS2 and 3 games.
2- My Xbox controller is recognized, but my fighting stick no. What should I do? It Works on other emulators and Steam and games in general. My fighting stick is compatible with PS3, Pc, Xbox and switch. But most games recognizes It as a Xbox/gen?ric controller

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: Controller not being recognized and screen resolution problems
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 05:42:28 PM »
Hi,
Regarding problem #1, can you go fullscreen when starting games from inside fbneo?  (alt+enter).  You might have to change your fullscreen settings in fbneo so they work.  Try changing the "fullscreen bit depth" to 32, and use the directx 9 blitter if there's still any trouble.  Once you get fullscreen working here, it should be no problem to start from a front end.

What fighting stick do you have?  It won't detect anything if you try to map it in the game inputs editor (f5) ?

best regards,
- dink

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 01:20:13 AM »
Actually the OP brought up that issue on discord a few days ago and managed to solve both : the first by changing blitter, the second by turning his xinput controller to a dinput one through some 3rd party tool

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 01:32:15 AM »
oh - great!
I want to add xinput, but, keep getting side-tracked..  d'oh!