Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

Question: Final Burn Alpha or....Shuffle?

(1/3) > >>

magicfly:
Hello everybody.
First of all, sorry for this stupid question...but i've never understood, which is the difference between FBA and FBA Shuffle.

Thanks  :p

CaptainCPS:

--- Quote from: magicfly on January 04, 2009, 08:34:25 AM ---Hello everybody.
First of all, sorry for this stupid question...but i've never understood, which is the difference between FBA and FBA Shuffle.

Thanks  :p

--- End quote ---

FB Alpha is the official project and FB Alpha Shuffle is an 'UnOfficial' project that Barry or any of the original FBA Team doesn't make responsible.

FB Alpha Shuffle adds many features not present in the official build, but I have to make a specification of these features; Most of these features have been leeched from other open source projects and added to FBA with unknown intentions, some features are just unessential. FB Alpha Shuffle adds new drivers based on what is released public here at NeoSource most of the time or what is released somewhere else like for example at OopsWare's site. If you look at the UI of FBA Shuffle you will notice it is based on an older version of FBA and what they have done with the time is update it's driver core to the latest (supposedly).

If you ask me a 100% fan of FBA, I would recommend "you" and "everyone else" to use the official version which is clean of most of the big issues, and have the latest official updates. The official FBA will always be released with it's source code and will always follow all license specifications. With this I mean that FBA will be always legal, but I cannot state that FBA Shuffle 'is' or 'will' be legal always.

Finally, "An unofficial FBA will 'never' be what the official FBA project is."

Take Care all!

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Barry Harris:

--- Quote from: CaptainCPS-X on January 04, 2009, 12:59:34 PM ---FB Alpha is the official project and FB Alpha Shuffle is an 'UnOfficial' project that Barry or any of the original FBA Team doesn't make responsible.

FB Alpha Shuffle adds many features not present in the official build, but I have to make a specification of these features; Most of these features have been leeched from other open source projects and added to FBA with unknown intentions, some features are just unessential. FB Alpha Shuffle adds new drivers based on what is released public here at NeoSource most of the time or what is released somewhere else like for example at OopsWare's site. If you look at the UI of FBA Shuffle you will notice it is based on an older version of FBA and what they have done with the time is update it's driver core to the latest (supposedly).

If you ask me a 100% fan of FBA, I would recommend "you" and "everyone else" to use the official version which is clean of most of the big issues, and have the latest official updates. The official FBA will always be released with it's source code and will always follow all license specifications. With this I mean that FBA will be always legal, but I cannot state that FBA Shuffle 'is' or 'will' be legal always.

Finally, "An unofficial FBA will 'never' be what the official FBA project is."

Take Care all!

SeeYaa!

--- End quote ---

I don't think shuffle has many new features at all. In fact it misses quite a few things from the official build and what it does add is relatively pointless.

It would be nice if one day it introduced new drivers but I'm not holding out any hope after all this time.

kenshiro:
Agree with Captain CPSX, if you wanna use one use the official build, which is definitly cleaner than the Shuffle one. I'm not saying Shuffle sucks, but i'm not fan as much, and some parts of drivers code looks strange if you're familiar with the code of the official version (Neogeo code for example).

CaptainCPS:

--- Quote from: Treble Winner on January 04, 2009, 01:51:09 PM ---I don't think shuffle has many new features at all. In fact it misses quite a few things from the official build and what it does add is relatively pointless.

It would be nice if one day it introduced new drivers but I'm not holding out any hope after all this time.

--- End quote ---

It's true, I should not even said 'many'...my bad  :p... if we come to check, most of the stuff is already in the official build, and as you said everything else relatively pointless.

SeeYaa!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version