Author Topic: Is it just me or FBA have input lag/slowdown on SEGA games?  (Read 4232 times)

Offline 61zone

• Newbies
Is it just me or FBA have input lag/slowdown on SEGA games?
« on: September 11, 2018, 04:15:11 AM »
I mean most of the arcade ports I've tried are all ok. It's just SEGA games (currently playing Streets of rage) have really noticeable input delay. Sometimes they don't even respond. Games kind of run slower compared to the originals.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: Is it just me or FBA have input lag/slowdown on SEGA games?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 09:10:00 AM »
Are you playing the Megadrive/Genesis or SMS version of the game?

The Megadrive/Genesis version appears to run just as fast as Kega Fusion in the current version of FBA.
If you have the game set to the European region (Input -> set dips), the characters do punch slower than in USA/ntsc.
If its still slow press backspace when the game is running, if you aren't getting 60fps, then try a different blitter or audio plugin or turn off any video effects that might be on.

best regards,
- dink

Offline 61zone

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 02:18:17 PM »
Are you playing the Megadrive/Genesis or SMS version of the game?

The Megadrive/Genesis version appears to run just as fast as Kega Fusion in the current version of FBA.
If you have the game set to the European region (Input -> set dips), the characters do punch slower than in USA/ntsc.
If its still slow press backspace when the game is running, if you aren't getting 60fps, then try a different blitter or audio plugin or turn off any video effects that might be on.

best regards,
- dink

Yeah the region changed worked. Thanks.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 06:55:59 PM »
Excellent, glad to have helped!