Author Topic: Killer Instinct - glitchly background graphics  (Read 4141 times)

Offline tokuio8752

• Newbies
Killer Instinct - glitchly background graphics
« on: March 18, 2020, 03:53:43 PM »
Hi

I've been trying killer instinct and noticed some problems with the boxing gym level see images.

Also when generating the img file from a chd file I couldn't manage to match the stated crc32 value. I always ended ended up with a crc32 value of 4f84a87a instead of 2b9b6c0d, no matter which chd or version of chdman I used. Then after playing the game I noticed the crc32 value of kinst.img would change and one time the crc32 value changed to 2b9b6c0d. It looks like fbn is modifying the img file, is this supposed to happen? It also modifies kinst2.img as well when playing that game.

Offline tokuio8752

• Newbies
Re: Killer Instinct - glitchly background graphics
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 03:59:40 PM »
I should add this was using a WIP build from git hub released on 14th March 2020 and it was the fbn-win32-gcc version

Offline tokuio8752

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 12:06:53 PM »
Using the search function I see this bug has already been reported, so I guess it is a known problem.

I would still be interested in if the modifying of the img file is expected or a bug.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 12:46:17 PM »
I would still be interested in if the modifying of the img file is expected or a bug.
It is expected

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 07:54:39 PM »
Killer Instinct and Midway W/T-Unit drivers are in a state of dis-repair.
What this means is:
a) I have put countless hours into trying to fix them (weeks, literally)
b) They are as good as they're going to get.  I can only recommend using MAME for these games if you _must_ play them.

Of course, every once in a while I go back and try to fix them, because I like a good challenge.  But at this point they have me beat...

best regards,
- dink