Author Topic: Looking for The Best Sega Saturn Emulators For My PC  (Read 3130 times)

Offline ColtenLebsack

Looking for The Best Sega Saturn Emulators For My PC
« on: November 09, 2022, 05:23:44 AM »
Greetings to all, I am looking for the best Sega Saturn emulators for my PC. Would you please anyone suggest some best emulator's names? Thank you.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
Re: Looking for The Best Sega Saturn Emulators For My PC
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 05:34:10 AM »
mednafen is the best saturn emulator as far as compatibility and accuracy are concerned. I think SSF is a close match (and far less demanding if you have a potato PC).

If you are looking for a saturn emulator with candy eye features like upscaling, i'd recommend Kronos which is developed by a friend of mine, but the compatibility/accuracy isn't as good.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 05:40:43 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline ColtenLebsack

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 01:58:50 AM »
mednafen is the best saturn emulator as far as compatibility and accuracy are concerned. I think SSF is a close match (and far less demanding if you have a potato PC).

If you are looking for a saturn emulator with candy eye features like upscaling, i'd recommend Kronos which is developed by a friend of mine, but the compatibility/accuracy isn't as good.

My PC's condition is very well and recently upgraded my computer. So what do you think, if this list will be helpful to follow? Or have you used an of them?

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 02:41:32 AM »
Bizhawk and retroarch aren't even emulators, they are frontends for emulators. And yabause has far lower compatibility/accuracy than SSF (the name means "Yet Another Broken And Unfinished Saturn Emulator" and that's a very accurate statement). So i'd say this list is crappy.

If your PC is powerful enough, use mednafen, with or without a frontend. Or as i was saying you can give a try to Kronos if you want candy eye features like upscaling (personally i don't think upscaling looks good).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 02:43:06 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline 7zxkv

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 05:25:54 AM »
as said above, there is only Mednafen (+ medsat, if we are satisfied with the saturn), SSF and kronos (which are complementary) which can hold the road.