Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

My Arcade (+a question about skipping)

(1/3) > >>

LittleKaneda:
Hey guys! I just wanted to make this thread to let you know how much of a fan I am of FBA. All the work you do: my whole family is impressed with. As soon as I first used your Emulator a few years back, I knew I wanted to start a project someday. So about a year ago I say to my dad "Let's build an arcade machine!" Well, when we first started working on it, it went by smooth as ice. I had the construction plans and a basic knowledge of how to get it to work from reading other persons' blogs and howto guides. Every article I read mentioned MAME, but I already had what I wanted within FBA. We took a long break from working on it because we didn't have the money for the rest of the materials, but now the cabinet is finished with minor absences. With the recent burst of updates from barryharris.me.uk, I figured I would post and say that it's not going unnoticed; not only by programmers of these forums but by me either, and I'm just a regular fan.

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures I took of my first, and hopefully not last, cabinet.

EDIT: Removed old pictures; next post for newest!

[Also! My question regarding speeding up of cinematics and/or 'loading' screens: Is there a way to remove keys that do this? For example, my second player stick, when moved, will speed past moments of resting in action games.] EDIT: And even the first player side will skip these moments on certain games

(and a note to barry: i'm not sure whom you were speaking to when you implemented the 'full screen after load' option, but I appreciated it as well!)

iq_132:
Looks very nice :)  My grandmother has those same barstools lol

Anyway, it sounds like you've got your left joystick mapped to the "F1" button.
Otherwise, it shouldn't affect the game speed in any way. :S

LittleKaneda:
Hmmm, let's say you're playing a fighting game and the moment it says Player versus Player, if you press a button it will skip the screen and rush to gameplay. In a way, that acts like F1 but it's different in that you can only do it when something isn't a gameplay or selection screen. I always thought this was normal, but if it isn't let me know!

My only problem is that when a second player is moving his stick before a fight, it'll skip ahead straight to the fight--

EDIT: I just found out that even the first player side will skip ahead. Is there a way I can remove the skipping in the source?
or are these the way the games were intended to work in the arcade?

LittleKaneda:
Update: I switched up the layout to favor the Neo Geo games a little better, and to mimic the X-Arcade layout so I wouldn't have to create a custom preset. This made my previous control artwork unusable, so there's a new one of those too! I'm finally getting a feel for what I want as in color...it's warm with orange and reds so I'm goinna run with that. Not completely finished but completely enjoyable. :)

I'd take a better pic, but it's in an awkward location.

Note: The artwork used on this cabinet is from Udon's Gallery @ http://www.udonentertainment.com/

Aquashark:
wow.. looks great :)
btw why do you want not to be able to skip intermission screens?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version