Author Topic: Long ago... MAME.DK  (Read 12521 times)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Long ago... MAME.DK
« on: December 19, 2007, 03:26:07 AM »
Was navigating around, and remembering my first steps when I discovered emulation, remembering forums that dedicated to CPS-1, CPS-2, Callus, FinalBurn, and remembering the first time I was able to play Metal Slug in my old and disintegrated PC (the one with a Pentium Celeron 433mhz X__X, is gone for good lol )...

I know that, the ppl that have been following emulation have memories too, good ones like when Razoola updated his site with CPS-2 news or WIPs, and you may have bad memories too, like when FinalBurn was no more updated, and then WinKawaks (the one that never released the source code T__T)... and finally MAME.DK closed because of mysterious reasons, it is said by some that it was because of legal reasons and others say that it was because of not having funds to pay something about the server (lot of other memories too but I want to get to the point xD so...).

Well, ENOUGH BULLS**T! xD  :p.... If you want to remember better the days of MAME.DK then follow this link and see it by yourself:

MAME.DK (Don't worry it doesn't have ROMs  :p, and pls wait until it load ^^U)

btw, I was doing a Web system based on PHP/MySQL/HTML/CSS/JavaScript like two years back that parsed MAME rom information and looked almost the same as MAME.DK or the actual MAWS but I never published any website with the system because I didn't have the time to keep working on it. I still have the files backed up, and a program written on PHP that parses the MAME information dat and insert every kind of info in the specified MySQL database coded by me. In the future I will release it in projects forum so the ones that want to check it out can take a look ^^.

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

PS: Was bored so I came up with the idea of posting this, please dont shoot me if the thread is boring as well  :redface: lol

Offline neo04

Re: Long ago... MAME.DK
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 12:29:46 PM »
mame.dk.... memories :) my username is klaxj49 iirc :P

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: Long ago... MAME.DK
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 04:30:57 PM »
I was a member there lol. Username iq_132. :) I still find mame.dk info files in my roms occasionally.

As for that parser, sounds pretty cool Cap. :)