Miscellaneous > Projects

Kenshiro's Stuff

<< < (11/11)

kenshiro:

--- Quote from: philexile on April 12, 2011, 09:43:07 AM ---No problem, I still moo you, Kenshiro!

Its funny you messaged back today, because JUST last night a friend of mine that knows how to code a bit, made a tweak and fixed the problem. More on that soon.

--- End quote ---

Cool. :)

--- Quote ---Also, do you know if FBL supports 128 RAM upgrades? If not, how hard would that be to add?

--- End quote ---

Probably easy to do. Check the XDK documentation to see which API would do it nicely.However, If you wanna take advantages of the 128MB of RAM you have to rewrite some pieces of code, i mean all the games who uses VMM code.

Because VMM code will slowdown loading time a lot, cause sprites data are writen to the HDD and sometimes with a very few RAM. So it could be very slow.

For CPS2 for example (also Cave, Psykio...), you can safely remove all VMM code. You have definitely to rewrite the Neogeo code from scratch (i mean take the original FBA code), cause almost every sprites routine has been rewriten to run with 64Mo (that was a real pain! :wink:). This way the Neogeo games will load very fast :biggrin: Watch out, some huges sets like KOF2003 PCB will probably crash and still need a VMM.

--- Quote ---What have you been up to by the way?

--- End quote ---

Work and my son takes almost all time, i have been busy with Linux exams too :)

Kiss,

Bigby:
Hey Kenshiro, good to hear from you.

This might interest you, I dunno  :wink:

EmuXtras.net - FBL Xtras

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version