Miscellaneous > Projects

Kenshiro's Stuff

<< < (2/11) > >>

KaNyErO:
Nice kenshiro

Btw: Do you know if pgm games would be playable on xbox using the last improved iq's drivers?

Thanks

iq_132:

--- Quote from: KaNyErO on March 16, 2009, 08:41:44 PM ---Nice kenshiro

Btw: Do you know if pgm games would be playable on xbox using the last improved iq's drivers?

Thanks

--- End quote ---

http://www.fbadev.info/iq_132/vmm_pgm.png

It really depends greatly on how fast the vmm in fba-xxx is, and if the xbox's 733mhz cpu is better or equal to 10-15% cpu usage on a 1.8 c2d (3.6ghz) [3600 * 0.12 = 432mhz]

kenshiro:
Yup. I modified few weeks ago PGM drivers (from 0.2.97.01 i think) to get them run on Xbox, that was a very quick and preliminary work, and Oriental Legend was running between 45 - 60 fps.

As this b****** of iq definitly speed up the PGM code, i think it could be nice :)

kenshiro:
This is FBA 0.2.97.04 NeoGeo code, modified to run on Xbox :) (standard one with 64 Mo of RAM).

As in latest FBA-XXX and FBA-XXX Pro 1.28, this code use Gogo Ackman's VMM (so run games in a constant 60 fps). Here's what changes:

- Of course the romset, as FBA-XXX Pro 1.28 is 2 years old and there's changes in Neogeo every 15 days lol, hacks were  added / remove, more games revisions are playable (several sets tagged as "set 2" and AES, also PCB revisions, new bootlegs), so that's quite different :)

- In previous builds, all games were using VMM, which were slow cause for more than 50% of the games we can store all the sprite data in RAM. VMM is now required when sprite data are 32Mo or more (at least in non HD mode, i don't have an HD TV :p ), which speedup loading for a lot of games :).

- GFX decryption for games encryted with KOF99 - KOF2000 scheme is handling in a different way. the code is more simple and also 30% faster, it need 1 minute or a bit more to load a game with 64Mo of graphics ROM (still slow, but that's an Xbox lol). Check if a decrypted set of the game is available (loads 50% faster lol).Sdata extraction is also manage in a different way.

- I tried to keep the code as similar as in FBA 0.2.97.04, heavily modified stuff  is in NeoLoadSprites, NeoDecodeSprites, NeoGfxDecrypt and NeoExtractSData, also a bit in NeoInit. Some decryption routines are call at a different moment and were a bit modified (DoPerm, lans2004_cx_decode...). The code should be update easily in the future :)

- All romsets except those one are playable without issues (bit less than 230 + decrypted sets):

SNK vs. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS (JAMMA PCB, set 1) : code in progress :)
SNK vs. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS Plus (bootleg set 1) : does not draw
SNK vs. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS Plus (bootleg set 1) : does not draw
The King of Fighters 2003 (Japan, JAMMA PCB) : crash while loading
The King of Fighters 10th Anniversary (The King of Fighters 2002 bootleg) : does not boot
The King of Fighters 2003 (bootleg set 1) : hardware test screen
The King of Fighters 2003 (set 1) and The King of Fighters 2003 (set 2) : garbage on graphics
Samurai Shodown V / Samurai Spirits Zero (bootleg) : bank error.

Hope i will figure out this  :rolleyes: :smilie:(for svcpcb i currently trying your trick iq). This code will be in the next FBA-XXX Pro beta, you can use that sources to compile it : http://www.4shared.com/file/82029884/d3ef8baa/fba_xxx_pro_src_beta_129b.html 

kenshiro:
There's an GFX issue on mslug4nd.

Find this in mslug4Init() :

--- Code: ---if (strcmp(BurnDrvGetTextA(DRV_NAME), "mslug4") == 0) {
nNeoTextROMSize = 0x080000;
}
--- End code ---

Then replace it with:

--- Code: ---if (strcmp(BurnDrvGetTextA(DRV_NAME), "ms4plus") != 0) {
nNeoTextROMSize = 0x080000;
}
--- End code ---