Author Topic: FB Alpha v0.2.95.23 released  (Read 27564 times)

Offline PRican25

• Newbies
  • Balla Bori Balla
FB Alpha v0.2.95.23 released
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 04:55:39 PM »
dunno then, all i know is i tried the trimmed package iq_132 as is and all i got was a syntax error and also it wouldn't work with an older fba version source that i got.

but when i extracted the older mingw and then extract iq_132's package to overwrite the old files in that mingw, it compiled fine without a hitch.

something had to be missing for me to be able to compile it as i do use active perl and the rest of that list should be in iq_132's trimmed package with the exception of the nasm which i already had in my system32.

using Environment variables is really optional but i perfer it since thats what i did before for the older fba and its working for even the new one. if that bat would work for me i would use it but it just keeps giving me that error even if my fba source folder was in mingw's.

Edit: the bat now works since the mingw is ok now but i'll still keep the Environment variables setting :p

Offline Shoometsu

• I finally have an avatar XD
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2005, 09:31:05 PM »
everybody that is in trouble compiling try this:

- open the command.com trough menu start / execute (I don't know how this last will be in an english windows, I'm brazilian XD) typing "command" without the ""

- enter in your fba folder (eg.: to  C:\fba you type "cd fba" in your root folder)

execute the .bat compiling

I've noticed this when trying execute the .bat directly and it didn'nt compile, and going throug the "MS-DOS prompt" shortcut in start menu/programs the same error... but as I always enter the folder trough prompt I never had compiling problems...

try it
<- Who are you?

Offline PRican25

• Newbies
  • Balla Bori Balla
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2005, 10:34:07 PM »
easier way for those of us not using win98 and less: click on start and choose run then type cmd and that gives you the command window :)

the bat works as is for me now but i still use command window since using the bat closes the window after it asks you to press a button (for errors)

Offline KingHanco

• "Special " Member
!@#$
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2005, 11:53:03 PM »
Ok. It the same error. Sorry about that. I very upset on the missing files. :(

Offline FerchogtX

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team ;)
    • FB Alpha Plus! Web Site
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2005, 12:25:43 AM »
Well, i upgraded MinGW to the latest pakages (like BMS sayd) but i get the same error "windres: no resources"... this is getting old, i don't know what is happening, i follow the instrictions in the mingw.txt file included in fba 0.2.95.23 src... but i always get that, i upgraded binutils, mingw32-make, winapi, gdb... and i don't know what else... but i still unable to compile this versions of fba... I don't know what else to do, I even doenloades new versions of perl and nsperl and nothing...
I have to admit it... fba HATES ME :(
See ya!!!! :D

Good and evil co-exist because of the balance, lies are not part of it...

FB Alpha Plus! site infos updated, see the latest info clicking on my profile link...

Offline James33

• Expert
  • The Mame Man
    • Emulation Zone
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2005, 12:48:40 AM »
It compiles fine without the mingw32-make.exe  that might be the problem
Have you tried IQ's trimmed mingw in a clean directory ?  Mine would not compile because my Environment variables was in a mess .
IQ Forum Member

Offline KingHanco

• "Special " Member
James33
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2005, 12:53:55 AM »
What is my problem on the missing files? Why did Jan left those missing files out?

IQ's trimmed mingw won't fixs my problem if I don't have the rest of the files on fba_src_029523.

I may go back on fba_029498 if the missing files won't be out on fba_src_029523. :(

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2005, 12:57:10 AM »
Those are suppose to be in your mingw setup.  Your mingw is set up incorrectly.

Offline KingHanco

• "Special " Member
Re:
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2005, 01:07:44 AM »
Quote from: iq_132
Those are suppose to be in your mingw setup.  Your mingw is set up incorrectly.
Setup correcty? I never moved anything from F:\MinGW\fba\src. Those files aren't there. Mingw setup as the old one was.

I'm very confused here at - http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml

Nobody is helping me and keep on talking about GCC or what ever isn't helping me out. :(

I'm so stupid and don't have any clue at all. :(

I'm with stupid. :mad:

Offline FerchogtX

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team ;)
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2005, 01:11:17 AM »
Quote from: James33
It compiles fine without the mingw32-make.exe  that might be the problem
Have you tried IQ's trimmed mingw in a clean directory ?  Mine would not compile because my Environment variables was in a mess .

I'll try again with the trimmed mingw... that's my last hope because VC Toolkit DOESN'T work on WIN ME so... if MinGW doesn't work... i'm dead...
See ya!!!!!!!! :(

FB Alpha Plus! site infos updated, see the latest info clicking on my profile link...

Offline FerchogtX

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team ;)
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2005, 01:19:21 AM »
Quote from: KingHanco
Setup correcty? I never moved anything from F:\MinGW\fba\src. Those files aren't there. Mingw setup as the old one was.

I'm very confused here at - http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml

Nobody is helping me and keep on talking about GCC or what ever isn't helping me out. :(

I'm so stupid and don't have any clue at all. :(

I'm with stupid. :mad:

Wel, at least maybe this can help you... try to download the MingW version 3.1.0-1.exe file from there (if you aleady have it just reinstall), delete (before, make a backup) all of your sources and enviorment... then reinstall mingw, now with mingw installed download this:
gcc 3.3 (core)
gcc 3.3 (g++)
gcc 3.3 (g77)
gcc 3.3 (objc)
Winapi 3.1 or 3.2
just uncompreess all of them in your mingw dir (C:\MinGW) don't select any file from this tar.gz files, just click on the uncompress butoon and uncompress in the mentioned folder
with that, now do the same with the cgywin libs (the ones from the fba page) and that should solve your problem...
I hope that at least you can be added to the list of users that CAN compile fba, i can't say the same about me right now  :(
See ya!!!!!! ;)

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2005, 01:36:27 AM »

Offline KingHanco

• "Special " Member
Re:
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2005, 03:22:01 AM »
There is no limits.h and tchar.h in the src/burner/ so far I didn't find.

Offline DragonKeeper

• Newbies
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2005, 06:12:11 AM »
Compiling works, but driver codes dont work. Argh...

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2005, 08:40:15 PM »
@Hanco. Those .h files you are looking for should be in your mingw\include folder.
You are missing them.  That's why your mingw is set up incorrectly.

@Dragon - Yeah, I'm working on a new generator version.  It should help with drivers a bit...