Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 158925 times)

Offline the_maq

Re: FBN Bugs Reports
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2020, 08:19:00 PM »
the_maq, the k054539 soundchip support a reverb/delay-ish effect which is emulated completely wrong, one of these days I'd like to rewrite it (or rework it) into working order.  though it isn't a very high priority

best regards,
- dink
That would be interesting - btw any luck with tmnt2..?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 02:47:17 AM by the_maq »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2020, 08:24:09 PM »
no luck, I might have to revert the code back to the previous version where the entire screen flashes, because it ended up breaking fading in other 4 other places as well.  Usually konami stuff is pretty straightforward as to how it works behind the scenes, that's why I am usually lucky with anything konami, but this one has got me..

Offline shine

• Newbies
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2020, 07:06:09 AM »
There seems to be some variables not properly synced in CPS1 savestates, especially when playing sf2hf games, which perhaps abuses it more.
Being not deterministic means desyncs in online play with rollbacks (retroarch, fightcade), and probably if doing TAS runs. Is there any hint on what to look for which variables are being desynced?

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2020, 08:54:51 AM »
There seems to be some variables not properly synced in CPS1 savestates, especially when playing sf2hf games, which perhaps abuses it more.

What are the symptoms ? I don't detect any problem with retroarch's runahead.
Also, we were talking about it in https://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=3717.0 : where are the modified FBNeo sources ?
I also want to ask : where are your users supposed to contact you ? It feels like all your users are coming to us while we have no idea what changes you did to our codebase, and i had a very bad experience with a very rude one of them on discord just last month...

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2020, 09:06:28 AM »
shine, I didn't notice any but I'll look again...  I thought barbudreadmon & me fixed all of them about 2-3 weeks ago.

barbudreadmon, p.s. that is another reason why I avoid discord :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline WILOWAR

« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2020, 01:23:00 PM »
HI.  How to properly configure a light gun on a computer mouse in games such as Wild Gunman.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2020, 07:51:34 PM »
WILOWAR,
NES games use player #2 for the gun port, so go to "Input -> Map Game Inputs (F5)"
Click "P2 Gun X", then Grab Mouse checkbox & move mouse horizontally & wait for window to close.
Click "P2 Gun Y", then Grab Mouse checkbox & move mouse vertical & wait ..
"P2 fire" is the gun trigger.  "P2 Reload" will re-load the gun in some games where you must shoot "offscreen" to reload.

best regards,
- dink

Offline shine

• Newbies
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2020, 10:16:11 AM »
Thanks dink! that one fixed the music issue (seems to be mostly ok but still not 100%, but can't confirm sorry, been very busy). This reported issue seems to be a new one, even if related to the same CPS1 driver. Basically the other one just affected music (didn't desync), this one affects gameplay (desyncing).
I'd gladly help finding it, just need a bit of help on what to start looking for

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2020, 11:56:49 PM »
Something I've been working on the past couple days.
K054539 + dink's echofxizer v.00001

Xmen "Go and save the city."
this + the "Low Pass Filter" option under audio -> plugin opts. sounds almost exactly like the pcb.
Here's what it sounds like without the "Low Pass Filter", though.

best regards,
- dink

Offline WILOWAR

« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2020, 11:34:22 AM »
Hi. Could you add Amstrad Gx4000 to console list?

Offline JacKc

• FBNeo Dev
  • Hasta la vista, Baby !
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2020, 03:08:03 PM »
WILOWAR,

This topic is for reporting bugs and not requesting for arcade and/or console system to be added !

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2020, 03:25:54 PM »
Hi. Could you add Amstrad Gx4000 to console list?

Did you "waste" a little time to read the subject of the topic? Probably no... "FBN Bugs Reports" ;)

Offline RN

• Newbies
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2020, 05:21:51 PM »
I would like someone to take a look at FBN CPS1 (and CPS2) quality of sound (is it a bug?!)

There are serious flaws with the sampling or reproduction quality with pops and cracks where there shouldn't be.

Take a look at the following video for an example (sample!) of the horrendous quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs8QPmCqChU

and this next video shows a comparison between the quality of BGM from the arcade and the emulator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EyMhHalFkQ

thanks in advance.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2020, 07:22:10 PM »
and this next video shows a comparison between the quality of BGM from the arcade and the emulator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EyMhHalFkQ

No, it's not ? What i see here is a comparison between a vinyl and a video game (from 1991). The sound i hear when searching videos from the actual arcade cabinet is a lot closer to what i'm hearing in FBNeo than what i'm hearing on that vinyl. I don't know if there is an issue here, but please compare apples to apples.

Also, in the first video, you aren't using FBNeo, you are using fightcade, which uses its own set of changes we don't know about and obviously doesn't even run at the same framerate...

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2020, 07:38:28 PM »
RN those pops/crackles sound like some sort of buffer underflow to the sound card/sound system, and of course, aren't generated by the emulator but by your system's inability to keep the stream of sound to the soundcard supplied at a constant rate.

I get that once in a while with any game when there are like 10 stuck gcc processes in the background eating all of my cpu, but its not dependent on the game in that case. 

Just to be totally sure - tell me which game that is and I'll try it on my side..  I tried regular Street Fighter 2 and its OK.

EDIT: can you try with actual FBNeo from us?  Link to latest exe is here: https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/tag/appveyor-build
Ignore the date on the page, the exe's are 40 minutes old at best :)

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 07:45:50 PM by dink »