Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 158984 times)

Offline Stifu

Re: FB Neo Bugs Reports
« Reply #570 on: May 22, 2021, 03:29:08 PM »
Oooh, I see. If I just press jump and kick at the same time, it works every time. I should not try to press kick after jumping. Not very intuitive.

Offline matchew64

• Newbies
« Reply #571 on: May 22, 2021, 07:27:21 PM »
While you are on the topic of tturf I noticed that player 2 can only join at the very beginning and not throughout. I verified that it?s the same in Mame, so I figure that it is intentional.

It just seems odd. Another tturf oddity?

This was on Retroarch but I believe that I also tried it on stand alone Mame.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #572 on: May 22, 2021, 11:07:09 PM »
matchew64,
Try setting the "Continues" dip to anything besides "None", it will then allow P2 to buy-in after the game has started. 

best regards,
- dink

Offline matchew64

• Newbies
« Reply #573 on: May 22, 2021, 11:52:17 PM »
@Dink

You are an all-knowing Oracle!

Sorry that I didn't check the dips.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #574 on: May 23, 2021, 01:43:41 AM »
I just remembered a similar issue with a game good buddy gamezfan was working on a few years ago, and enabling continues/buy-in was set the same way.  If it weren't for that random memory I would have been clueless :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #575 on: May 27, 2021, 11:16:57 PM »
I can't seem to get to Unibios settings screen on latest FBN.What I actually want to do is to make the game run in

Mode:Console
Region:Japan

mode , while using Unibios

I know I have to press A B C buttons simultaniously when the Unibios boot screen shows up , but it does nothing

I tried using latest 4.0 and previous 3.3 versions , same result

I can use normal AES Japan bios without issues

best regards,

Offline fastpop72

« Reply #576 on: May 29, 2021, 04:03:01 AM »
Dunno if it's a bug but i wanna ask @dink:

About Popeye driver....

On the real Popeye hardware, sprite colour 0 is not transparent with respect to overlapping sprites. It's only transparent with respect to the
background graphics. When two sprites overlap in Popeye, the sprite with the highest priority completely overdraws the sprite underlying it, including
the transparent area (pixel with colour value 0). The result is that instead of proper sprite prioritzing, overlapping sprites are overdrawn like chunky blocks.

In FBNeo the overlap of the sprites has transparent background, in mame not. And it seems the correct visualization is in mame.

FBNeo:

Mame:

Surely FBNeo visualization is surely much better but not pcb-accurate... or not?

In this real hardware video you can see behavior at minute 1:43

https://youtu.be/ZT6d8nca3MI

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #577 on: May 29, 2021, 06:41:09 AM »
I have to say, if inaccurate looks better and has no downside, i'm totally fine with it. I'm slightly more interested by the differences in color tones, it seems "darker" in FBNeo.

Edit : that's probably the 2 related changes :
0.194: Joe Magiera added clone Popeye (bootleg set 2). Caius added clone Popeye (bootleg set 3). Fixed background in Popeye (Japan), Popeye (Japan, Older) and Popeye (bootleg set 1). Popeye (Japan) does not run on the exact same hardware as Sky Skipper & was the basis for the popeyebl set. Fixed horizontal and vertical scroll register behaviour in Popeye. Changed function names from the game name to the hardware id the functionality was first used in. Fixed Popeye background scrolling when screen is flipped. Implemented sprite priority & clipping according to description in MT03725. Note: On the real Popeye hardware, sprite colour 0 is not transparent with respect to overlapping sprites. It's only transparent with respect to the background graphics. When two sprites overlap in Popeye, the sprite with the highest priority completely overdraws the sprite underlying it, including the transparent area (pixel with colour value 0). The result is that instead of proper sprite prioritzing, overlapping sprites are overdrawn like chunky blocks [smf, Oliver_A]. Moved protection save state into driver_start() leaving driver init for decryption, combine sprite proms & invert bootleg proms in the rom load, bank the sprite palette & only update the palette if the bank register changes, draw background directly into bitmap & include the area above the background buffer (although it's not clear exactly where the values are fetched from on real hardware) [smf]. Changed description of clone (bootleg) to 'Popeye (bootleg set 1)', (Japan, Sky Skipper hardware) to 'Popeye (Japan)' and (Japan, Sky Skipper hardware, Older) to 'Popeye (Japan, Older)'.
0.153: Changed Popeye to use palette computed from schematics. Also implemented interlaced field support. This is actually read by the game. Popeye now has netlist filtering and amplification for AY-3-8910A [Couriersud]. Note: On the original Popeye board, sound channel A from AY-3-8910 is run through a discrete filter, producing a smoothed wave form. This only affects sound channel A. Popeye driver cleanups [Alex Jackson]. No more legacy CUSTOM_INPUT on Popeye (emu\ioport.h) [Miodrag Milanovic]. Added 'Netlist Sound Device' (48000 Hz).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 07:36:24 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #578 on: May 29, 2021, 09:15:35 AM »
fastpop72,
I know about that, but, at the same time, I'd rather keep it as it is.

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #579 on: May 29, 2021, 09:23:45 AM »
ClessxAlghazanth,
I just tested on my side, pressing A+B+C at the Unibios boot screen brings me right to the settings,
then I chose Region Setup -> Japan / Console, hit reset(F3), it's now at Japan/Console mode.
Also pressing ABC at the Unibios screen brings me back to the same settings.

So right when the Unibios screen fades in, press A+B+C and hold until the settings come up, if it's not working, check the input settings, see if anything is mapped to autofire (scroll down past the System Macro's), and make sure not to use those buttons to press A+B+C.

best regards,
- dink

I can't seem to get to Unibios settings screen on latest FBN.What I actually want to do is to make the game run in

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #580 on: May 29, 2021, 11:44:51 AM »
fastpop72,
re: Popeye:
the more I think about it, I might try to emulate it like the pcb but have a dip option to have the old style as well.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #581 on: May 29, 2021, 01:46:03 PM »

re: Popeye:
the more I think about it, I might try to emulate it like the pcb but have a dip option to have the old style as well.

Good thinking... probably this would be the best solution! ;)

Offline the_maq

« Reply #582 on: May 30, 2021, 06:30:45 PM »
WWF Wrestlemania Audio: @Dink, The audio goes to mute again but this time after the Undertaker card roll during the full cycle, not sure if it's real arcade behaviour or whether it's the emulation side of it?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 07:19:20 PM by the_maq »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #583 on: May 30, 2021, 08:50:41 PM »
WWF Wrestlemania Audio: @Dink, The audio goes to mute again but this time after the Undertaker card roll during the full cycle, not sure if it's real arcade behaviour or whether it's the emulation side of it?

I'm not too sure about this one being a bug in the emulation because everything still works fine - just insert a coin or 2 or start the game to see (well, hear).  Previously when we had encountered that other, somewhat similar bug, the sound would be completely screwed up after that happened.

I'll look into it a little deeper to see if anything weird is going on that might have been overlooked, though.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Stifu

« Reply #584 on: June 11, 2021, 02:10:23 AM »
I tried the game Snapper. I get a black screen, but the audio and everything else seems to work. Just no display.