Author Topic: nullDC v1.0.0 Public Beta 1  (Read 15095 times)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
nullDC v1.0.0 Public Beta 1
« on: April 02, 2007, 02:55:04 PM »
nullDC v1.0.0 Public Beta 1

Hi all!, here you have some info about this nice emu that came out today, I think it deserves this topic  :p...

Previews

About nullDC

Credits   :

drk||Raziel    : main coder
  ZeZu       : main coder
  GiGaHeRz    : plugin work/misc stuff
  PsyMan    : Mental support, managment, beta testing & everything else
  Xant       : www & forum, beta testing

Beta testing   : emwearz, Miretank, gb_away, Raziel, General Plot, Refraction, Ckemu

Many thanks to : Jim Denson, Flea, Jupi, Chankast team and everyone else we forgot.

Requirements

2. Recomended System Requirements:
 ----------------------------------

- CPU: AMD Athlon XP/64/Turion at 2GHz or Intel Pentium 4 at 2.6GHz or equivalent.
   - Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 4 TI or ATi Radeon 8500.
   - RAM: 512MB
   - Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/2003
   - December Redistributable of DirectX 9c

The above requirements are considered as the absolute minimum in order to run the emulator as it was
 intended to run. The emulator might be able to run on systems that do not meet these requirements
 but with issues (like slow speed, GFX errors or Sound errors).

Notes:

- Some games have higher requirements than the rest and have speed issues even on systems that meet
     the recomended requirements. In that case a faster CPU is necessary to reach full speed.

- Pentium 4 CPUs perform some tasks slower than other CPUs, thus the clock speed of 2.6GHz is needed.
     On the other hand, Pentium M CPUs perform the same tasks much faster
     (A Pentium M 750 at 1.86GHz should be enough to reach full speed).
     Intel Celeron and AMD Duron (and probably Sempron) CPUs are slow and it's expected to perform worse than the rest

- Nvidia Geforce 4 MX video cards are worse than the TI series and they do not meet the minimum requirements.

- DirectX 9c has many redistributables. It's common to have an older version installed that misses certain necessary
     files.
     Be sure to download and install the December redistributable or the default graphics plugin will fail to Load.

- nullDC will run on Windows Vista. However, hardware requirements will be a little higher than the ones mentioned
     above and there will probably be sound related issues (as with many other applications running on Vista).

Comments

This is the first public release of this DreamCast emulator (rev 525-118), I tested it and it is working just fine to be its first public release, it does'nt have Joystick support for now but I think a plugin will be available soon as lot of ppl use joysticks to play.

If you love Chankast you'll love this emu, the only thing I'll be waiting is more news about its development. Oh and I almost forgot to say the official homepage its coming next week as far as I know.

Download nullDC files right here:

Setup (includes all needed runtimes , recomended)
nullDC_100b1_setup.rar [~3.42 MB]

Plain files (If you have problem with this one, you should download the Setup, it'll probably fix the probs):
nullDC_100b1.rar [~383 KB]

EDIT* Fixed previews links :p

Enjoy Testing !
SeeYaa!!
:biggrin:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 03:08:44 PM by CaptainCPS-X »

Online iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: nullDC v1.0.0 Public Beta 1
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 03:16:29 PM »
Definitely a very impressive emulator.  High compatibility, speed, good sound, gfx

Offline Death Metal

• Crimson Blade
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 08:08:53 PM »
What ever happened to Chankast? It was never updated again.

Anyway, gonna test this nullDC now. The first pics got me curious about CvS2.

Offline James33

• Expert
  • The Mame Man
    • Emulation Zone
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 05:16:56 AM »
I am going to test this emu out, Not sure how its going to be on Vista :)
IQ Forum Member

Offline KingHanco

• "Special " Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 02:01:05 AM »
I have a few old Dreamcast cds games with the machine that my boss gave me last year. I don't know what has happen to my machine though. How I make the image from Alcohol 52%?

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 02:14:54 AM »
I have a few old Dreamcast cds games with the machine that my boss gave me last year. I don't know what has happen to my machine though. How I make the image from Alcohol 52%?

You dont have to make images if you have CDs, you only have to go to the configuration in the menu... Options -> Select Plugins and when you're there go to the GDRom Plugin: section and select 'zNullGD, SCSI Passthru GDROM Plugin By _ZeZu_ [Apr 1 2007] v1.0.0 (zNullGD_Win32.dll)'

Then go to Options -> GDRom , and that should be it , I think you can get to play without making CD images that way  :smilie:

I hope that helps you ^^

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline KingHanco

• "Special " Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 04:16:07 AM »
I will try it out later today. I need some sleep. :eek: