Author Topic: FB Alpha 0.2.96.91 Release  (Read 40743 times)

Offline LittleKaneda

Re: FB Alpha 0.2.96.91 Release
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2008, 06:32:01 PM »
Hmmm, I can't recreate the gameinfo problem at all. Can anybody else? What OS are you using?

I can recreate it under XP HOME. Go to a game's game information window and switch around with 'Title' and 'In Game' tabs. For me, it changes from the start at the most twice and then it stops. On top of that once you start moving the window vertically and switch 'Title' and 'In Game' again, it will select even more games. Most of the time it looks as if it's being very specific as to what image it'll bring up, based on where the top of your window is sitting, but a few times it will just randomly pick the game that's just underneath visibility of scrolling to.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/10/2008, 21:15:00
   Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gateway                       
       System Model: E-4000                         
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/16/02 08:39:45  Ver: 08.00.05
          Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
             Memory: 1022MB RAM
          Page File: 324MB used, 1628MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINNT
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 09:16:30 PM by LittleKaneda »

Offline LittleKaneda

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2008, 06:53:32 PM »
Not sure if I'm posting what CPS-X has already figured out but I can now see definite order in the problem. Check my PNG's
(couldn't post attachments were too large, sorry!)

(Edited by CaptainCPS-X: Attached the files for you ;p, ThanX for the research)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2008, 02:53:04 AM »
After lot of try and fail I came up with an idea that fixed without any issues the problem of the previews, since the GameInfo module only will handle 1 specific game info at a time, I modified the "GameInfoDialogCreate()" with 3 new parameters "BurnDrvGetText(DRV_NAME), BurnDrvGetText(DRV_PARENT), BurnDrvGetText(DRV_BOARDROM)" and when those values are handled in GameInfo module are passed to global variables located statically in there, that way there is no way that previews or images from another game are displayed.

BUT this way is wrong because UpdatePreview() must be consolidated and this fix complicate that matter as well. So its a dirty fix for now.

Im trying to consolidate the function but what makes it difficult is the Timer feature in sel.cpp not used in gameinfo.cpp...Im thinking on adding the Timer for alternate images (Ex. 19xx-p01.png) in gameinfo.cpp as well to make it easier to consolidate the UpdatePreview() function.

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2008, 05:51:28 AM »
It's a weird one. I've fixed it in a similar way but I've also got the aspect ratio at init time as well so that we don't get incorrectly stretched images.

It wasn't UpdatePreview() I was meaning to consolidate. Mistake on my part - it was all the calls to LoadPNG(). I'm looking into it now - not sure if it's feasible or not.

I still don't think you need nImageType! I would use something like this;

Code: [Select]
if (szPreviewDir == szAppPreviewsPath) {
// Download preview from server
}

if (szPreviewDir == szAppTitlesPath) {
// Download title from server
}

if (szPreviewDir == szAppFlyersPath) {
// Download flyer from server
}

Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2008, 06:48:27 AM »
It's a weird one. I've fixed it in a similar way but I've also got the aspect ratio at init time as well so that we don't get incorrectly stretched images.

It wasn't UpdatePreview() I was meaning to consolidate. Mistake on my part - it was all the calls to LoadPNG(). I'm looking into it now - not sure if it's feasible or not.

I still don't think you need nImageType! I would use something like this;

Code: [Select]
if (szPreviewDir == szAppPreviewsPath) {
// Download preview from server
}

if (szPreviewDir == szAppTitlesPath) {
// Download title from server
}

if (szPreviewDir == szAppFlyersPath) {
// Download flyer from server
}

Wow I spent a large time and consolidated UpdatePreview() , LoadPNG() and its sub functions xD...it still need a bit of cleaning but those functions are 1 each, they dont repeat over multiple source files. I only need to update the LoadPNG() so it can use diferent sizes because for now all loaded PNGs are the size of the small preview. Apart from that everything is working fine so far.

Im laughing at myself because I didnt understood until now what you was explaining all this time about not needing 'nImageType' xD... I just need to compare variables into UpdatePreview() to know what of the currently configured directories (doesnt matter where are they) matches the one being passed as a parameter at that moment...that of course must be one of the configured directories ... LOL ... man I was in a mind trip xD

Im gonna sleep now but when i come back I will finish the consolidation of all those functions ^^, I hope you can use my final work  :smilie:

Take Care!
SeeYaa!
 :biggrin: