Author Topic: FB Alpha 0.2.96.92 Release  (Read 39557 times)

kev

Re: FB Alpha 0.2.96.92 Release
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2008, 05:57:14 AM »
oh, I wasn't suggesting that neocd shouldn't be looked at it was supposed to be encouragement that at least in neocds case doze was/should be ok to use :)

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2008, 05:56:41 AM »
I had trouble with tnzs reading inputs because of a problem with doze. 
I've attached another game that just refuses to run correctly, and I've ported it several times (though it could just be me making the same mistake over and over again).

I've had a quick look at it - it seems to run ok. MAME seems to update the display scanline by scanline though - not sure if we would need to replicate that or not.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline pmc2

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2008, 06:54:56 AM »
Hum,

FBA .92 cabinet+snap+titles+flyers+pcb..... available on pleasuredome.org.uk !!!

great work but who knew it?

Offline isamu

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2008, 08:04:47 AM »
I just want to give a very big thank you to the Captain for working on this wonderful emulator! It's guys like you who make our lives much more fullfiling, and if it wasn't for this emu, Damdai would have never came out with his 2df client. Thanks again :)
GENTLEMEN: START YOUR ENGINES!!

Daytona USA is emulated for the PC.

*NOTHING more needs to be said*

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2008, 09:31:33 AM »
I just want to give a very big thank you to the Captain for working on this wonderful emulator! It's guys like you who make our lives much more fullfiling, and if it wasn't for this emu, Damdai would have never came out with his 2df client. Thanks again :)

ThanX for the comments! ^^, but I have to make clear that I'm 'not' the FBA project administrator, the current main developer is Treble Winner (Barry), and I just like to help him with some of my enhancements from my personal build and enjoy trying new things that make the emu more fun to use ^^

Other people, most of them members at NeoSource, like for example IQ_132 (Admin), OopsWare, BisonSAS, KOF2112 and others like KEV (FBA Developer too) has been collaborating from time to time with fixes, drivers, features, etc...so big thanx to them too ^^

btw Welcome to NeoSource, I hope you like the forums  :smilie:, enjoy your visit!

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline 0746

• Expert
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 10:00:41 AM »
WOW he's here too

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 10:27:04 AM »
ThanX for the comments! ^^, but I have to make clear that I'm 'not' the FBA project administrator, the current main developer is Treble Winner (Barry), and I just like to help him with some of my enhancements from my personal build and enjoy trying new things that make the emu more fun to use ^^

Other people, most of them members at NeoSource, like for example IQ_132 (Admin), OopsWare, BisonSAS, KOF2112 and others like KEV (FBA Developer too) has been collaborating from time to time with fixes, drivers, features, etc...so big thanx to them too ^^

btw Welcome to NeoSource, I hope you like the forums  :smilie:, enjoy your visit!

SeeYaa!

I really can't let a thread like this go without Jan getting a mention. Most of the framework and the popular drivers owe an awful lot of thanks to his work. Quite simply put, FBA would not be anything like it is now without his work. And of course Dave, although not much of FinalBurn is actually left!
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2008, 10:28:03 AM »
WOW he's here too

I just realised what you mean. :)

Offline isamu

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2008, 10:34:01 AM »
Thanks for the clarification Captain. I apologize for the mixup. Thanks Treble Winnder, IQ, KEV, etc for all the work you guys are doing!

WOW he's here too

Aw C'mon man, I'm not a bad person. Why all the hate?

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2008, 10:39:09 AM »
Aw C'mon man, I'm not a bad person. Why all the hate?

I don't think you'll find any hate here. This is an extremely friendly forum - that said previous lessons are always useful in life.

Offline isamu

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2008, 12:28:50 PM »
I don't think you'll find any hate here. This is an extremely friendly forum - that said previous lessons are always useful in life.

Thanks for assurance :)

Treble can you tell me who developed, or is responsible for the scanline, 3D Projection, and phoshper effects in FBA? And why they're so damn awesome? I seriously can't believe how astounding FBA looks on my DLP screen with these effects properly tweaked. It literally looks like a CRT standard res monitor! It's amazing. I tried getting similar results in mame32 to no avail.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2008, 02:30:09 PM »
Thanks for assurance :)

Treble can you tell me who developed, or is responsible for the scanline, 3D Projection, and phoshper effects in FBA? And why they're so damn awesome? I seriously can't believe how astounding FBA looks on my DLP screen with these effects properly tweaked. It literally looks like a CRT standard res monitor! It's amazing. I tried getting similar results in mame32 to no avail.

All of the blitters in FBA are the work of Jan Klaassen. The softFX filters are libraries from external sources but the effects you are talking about are entirely Jan's work. The first versions of MAME that used Direct3D used Jan's implementation but current MAME has been rewritten and Jan's code is gone.

Offline isamu

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2008, 03:10:05 PM »
All of the blitters in FBA are the work of Jan Klaassen. The softFX filters are libraries from external sources but the effects you are talking about are entirely Jan's work. The first versions of MAME that used Direct3D used Jan's implementation but current MAME has been rewritten and Jan's code is gone.

ahh I gotcha....well Jan, if you're reading this, you've done a PHENOMENAL job with these blitters bro! Thank you thank you thank you !!!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2008, 03:43:31 PM »
I really can't let a thread like this go without Jan getting a mention. Most of the framework and the popular drivers owe an awful lot of thanks to his work. Quite simply put, FBA would not be anything like it is now without his work. And of course Dave, although not much of FinalBurn is actually left!

Oh! Yeah! Jan has done a wonderful job too ^^ I just wanted to let known I was not the main developer at the moment...

but to clear things out lets get a little info quoted  :biggrin:

http://www.barryharris.me.uk/fba.php

FB Alpha is an open-source project and it is programmed by a group of people known as the FBA Team. Over the years this has comprised of myself(Treble Winner), Jan_Klaassen, KEV, LoopMaster, Mike Haggar, Hyper Yagami and Ayeye. FB Alpha is based on the original FinalBurn by Dave.

Basically FBA is a result of collaboration of several people over the time, and because it's open source it can get better any time.

ThanX should go to those mentioned in that quote too ^^

SeeYaa!

Offline isamu

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2008, 04:28:55 PM »
What ever happened to Davey? I remember shooting the blues with him over at retrogames YEARS ago. He's like some sort of legendary icon or something. Anyone heard from him or seen him around lately? He must be pretty flattered knowing his 'baby' took off like a rocket and never looked back.