Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

INFO: How to play Power Drift in FBAlpha

<< < (6/6)

phozz:
Sure. But please don't break it  ;p

dink:
After a bit of thinking on this one: it's not going to work when using a keyslider - since it basically does the same thing (at the driver level).  Oh well :)  Carry on!

best regards,
- dink

Pipeline79:
Hi, this is a question for Phozz:

How are the controls supposed to work in Power Drift?  I've been trying with MAME (0.247) and an xbox 360 controller on Windows this afternoon.

By controls I mean the steering.  And MAME classifies it as a paddle.  If I set the Left Stick X-axis to the paddle (not Paddle Inc/Dec), the way it seems to work is that it turns the wheel relatively left and right - which seems wrong.  If I'm coming out of a corner I have to push the stick past centre in the opposite direction to get the car going straight again - which is way difficult.  If I set it to just Increase/Decrease the paddle and the auto-centering comes into effect it's much more playable.

I think I saw a post from 2006 or something where someone was complaining about this and I think a MAME dev said that's just how the game was - although I didn't really understand his explanation.

I haven't tried the FB Neo implementation yet that you've been discussing, but the way it's working in MAME really threw me - it's almost like it's working the opposite way I would expect.  I don't know if say, using an actual spinner-like device with a wheel would be more playable with things like this.

Just wondered if someone could explain this to me.

phozz:
Sorry, I've never had any luck with this game under MAME, and I've only ever tried playing with the keyboard or a steering wheel. I'm not really an expert, sorry if the high quality of my complaints made it seem like I am :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version