Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 159019 times)

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
Re: FBN Bugs Reports
« Reply #255 on: October 28, 2020, 08:54:25 PM »
JoelH,
I did a quick comparison between fbn and mame and a pcb video, and they sound the same on the titlescreen music / coin / stage 1, but maybe I'm just not getting it - can you please help me realize what sounds are missing?

best regards,
- dink

Yeah I'm playing this on an Nvidia Shield and the rhythm track is indeed missing on both this and Lead Angle for the lack of a better explaination. And I've played this a few times on Mame so I know something's wrong.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 08:55:32 PM by JoelH »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2020, 10:56:38 PM »
Can you try it in MAME again just to be sure?  The only rhythm the game has is a light bass-line. 
I tested with a recent version of MAME and there is no difference between it and FBNeo for the titlescreen, coin-up / start-level music and in-game level1 music.  What I'm trying to say is, if I can't see (or hear) the problem, I can't fix it.

best regards,
- dink

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2020, 12:02:10 PM »
Can you try it in MAME again just to be sure?  The only rhythm the game has is a light bass-line. 
I tested with a recent version of MAME and there is no difference between it and FBNeo for the titlescreen, coin-up / start-level music and in-game level1 music.  What I'm trying to say is, if I can't see (or hear) the problem, I can't fix it.

best regards,
- dink

Well I have flipped between FBN and Mame 2003-plus and yes it definitely sounds different. That bass line is completely missing from FBN. Its not really unusual though. Cisco Heat sounds very different on FBN than it does on Mame for instance and I'm not sure which is more accurate. Maybe I'll just stick with Mame in this case.

Offline Haze

• MAME Devs
« Reply #258 on: October 29, 2020, 12:07:14 PM »
Nothing in MAME2003/Plus should be used as a reference.  Versions that old are utter trash, and most of the time made with no reference of their own.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #259 on: October 29, 2020, 12:20:59 PM »
Well I have flipped between FBN and Mame 2003-plus and yes it definitely sounds different. That bass line is completely missing from FBN. Its not really unusual though. Cisco Heat sounds very different on FBN than it does on Mame for instance and I'm not sure which is more accurate. Maybe I'll just stick with Mame in this case.

Here's a recording from the current Official FBNeo / Windows UI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PauelwdBJAg

edit: I tried MAME from 2003 (MAME 0.78) and it sounds no different than FBNeo.  Can't find binaries for 2003 plus to check, but I can only assume it's also no different than current MAME or MAME078

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 12:42:01 PM by dink »

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
« Reply #260 on: October 29, 2020, 02:33:46 PM »
Well this is what I'm getting on the TV: https://twitter.com/RealLordDalek/status/1321882313228210178.

Maybe there's a setting inside Retroarch thats screwed up. I honestly have no idea.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #261 on: October 29, 2020, 03:03:03 PM »
Oh, that's on the libretro port. Maybe that's something that happens only at 48000 samplerate (which is the default on libretro) ? Could you check if it happens after setting samplerate to 44100 ?
Also, are you playing on desktop PC ?

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2020, 04:41:34 PM »
Oh, that's on the libretro port. Maybe that's something that happens only at 48000 samplerate (which is the default on libretro) ? Could you check if it happens after setting samplerate to 44100 ?
Also, are you playing on desktop PC ?

Playing it on an Nvidia Shield as I'm trying to get away from using my Computer for emulation. Tried the sample rate, didn't work.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2020, 09:14:25 PM »
with help from barbudreadmon, I found the problem and fixed it.  (it will take a few hours extra to reach the libretro side of things)

best regards,
- dink

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2020, 09:39:46 PM »
with help from barbudreadmon, I found the problem and fixed it.  (it will take a few hours extra to reach the libretro side of things)

best regards,
- dink

Thanks!

Offline the_maq

« Reply #265 on: November 01, 2020, 08:18:30 PM »
the_maq, thanks for letting us know - I will take a look into it when "Operation: Rewrite-Spectrum" is complete.

best regards,
- dink
So how is it going with the thunder blade situation??

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #266 on: November 02, 2020, 12:17:01 AM »
the_maq got a little side tracked there, give it a try now.
This fix fixes: the small buildings in the background no longer "float" on the horizon.

There are other problems, though, and they also happen on the PCB:
1: the larger side-of-street buildings "magically" appear during the scene change, and are floating above the ground and you can see under them.
2: a few frames after the scene fully changes from below view to front view, the clouds and small buildings in the background "snap into place"

best regards,
- dink

Offline the_maq

« Reply #267 on: November 02, 2020, 08:22:53 PM »
the_maq got a little side tracked there, give it a try now.
This fix fixes: the small buildings in the background no longer "float" on the horizon.

There are other problems, though, and they also happen on the PCB:
1: the larger side-of-street buildings "magically" appear during the scene change, and are floating above the ground and you can see under them.
2: a few frames after the scene fully changes from below view to front view, the clouds and small buildings in the background "snap into place"

best regards,
- dink
Cheers for that, and about the flimsy looking building appearance, that's Sega's bad, an error on their part.. :mad:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 04:11:00 AM by the_maq »

Offline xerf84

« Reply #268 on: November 03, 2020, 04:05:01 PM »
Hello, seeing FBN 1.0, it is normal that if you filter in the MVS search, mvsc and xmvsf appear?, is there a filter for CPS3?. Greetings.  :smilie:

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #269 on: November 03, 2020, 04:25:25 PM »
Hi xerf84,
The search box is for a text search - for any text, kuff.  To do what you want, try this:
expand Filters -> Hardware -> Capcom and deselect everything except cps3 if you just want to search cps3.
A click on the "Hardware" checkbox alone will deselect all / select all :)

best regards,
- dink