Author Topic: FB Alpha v0.2.95.23 released  (Read 27443 times)

Offline KingHanco

• "Special " Member
Re:
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2005, 01:44:37 AM »
Quote from: iq_132
@Hanco. Those .h files you are looking for should be in your mingw\include folder.
You are missing them.  That's why your mingw is set up incorrectly.

@Dragon - Yeah, I'm working on a new generator version.  It should help with drivers a bit...

Can someone setup the mingw for me and send it to me? That way I can put the fba in there. I don't what the @@@@ I'm doing with the new mingw setup. :(

There no readme on how to setup everything in the right place on fba anywhere. There not even a faq on where everything gos. God I'm getting tried of this. Dam errors and crap. :mad:

Everyone think I'm !@#$%^& dumb or something?

Offline PRican25

• Newbies
  • Balla Bori Balla
FB Alpha v0.2.95.23 released
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2005, 02:04:29 AM »
man, i gotta say this has been a weird week for me and this damn fba lol

before i was able to finally compile it but after i rebooted my pc, i thought i'd try adding the avi stuff from the other topic and i ended up getting an error (clean compile). so then i said screw it and to recomple a clean fba source but it too gave me an error and i'm like wtf :confused:

i tried to use iq_132's package on its own and it started compiling but it too gave me an error and i know my older mingw wasn't gonna work so i thought i'd try installing the win32 3.1 mingw from their site over iq_132's package, same result :eek:

so i use mingw's uninstaller and then tried iq_132's package again as it was and finally it compiled without a hitch :cool:

now i'm gonna try the adding the avi stuff again and i hope i won't have to go through this hell again heh

Offline James33

• Expert
  • The Mame Man
    • Emulation Zone
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2005, 02:16:47 AM »
Quote from: KingHanco
Can someone setup the mingw for me and send it to me? That way I can put the fba in there. I don't what the @@@@ I'm doing with the new mingw setup. :(

There no readme on how to setup everything in the right place on fba anywhere. There not even a faq on where everything gos. God I'm getting tried of this. Dam errors and crap. :mad:

Everyone think I'm !@#$%^& dumb or something?
IQ's trimmed mingw was already set up so I have no idea what you are doing wrong .
IQ Forum Member

Offline KingHanco

• "Special " Member
Re:
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2005, 02:57:25 PM »
Quote from: James33
IQ's trimmed mingw was already set up so I have no idea what you are doing wrong .

IQ's trimmed mingw doesn't work on the new version and I still get the missing files errors.

Jan already told me it will not work without the GCC and other stuffs. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. :(

This is very confusing me.

I giving up now and I nolonger compile FBA.

Offline James33

• Expert
  • The Mame Man
    • Emulation Zone
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2005, 04:06:48 PM »
IQ's trimmed mingw doesn't work on the new version and I still get the missing files errors.

Jan already told me it will not work without the GCC and other stuffs. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. :(

This is very confusing me.

I giving up now and I nolonger compile FBA.
 Well I compiled the new version with IQ's trimmed mingw So its not missing anything.
IQ Forum Member

Offline FerchogtX

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team ;)
    • FB Alpha Plus! Web Site
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2005, 06:24:54 PM »
Well, i'll try the antivirus solution on that page IQ... i hope THIS TIME i can get a exe file...
See ya!!!!!!! :(

Good and evil co-exist because of the balance, lies are not part of it...

FB Alpha Plus! site infos updated, see the latest info clicking on my profile link...

Offline KingHanco

• "Special " Member
Re:
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2005, 07:45:28 PM »
Quote from: James33
Well I compiled the new version with IQ's trimmed mingw So its not missing anything.

All I know is it not working for me.

FerchogtX It didn't work when you told me unzip the things into MinGW and then try to compile FBA. I still get those same errors.

I still giving up on this new version.

FerchogtX I agreed with you. There is something that isn't working right. I may getting the same problems as you did. Only on my windows xp though. I meain if they released the fba src. Why not have all the things already with the src instead of going through all that trouble finding everything that we need to compile FBA? Lease everything would be there if they do it in my way. I just giving up and it sucks too.

Offline FerchogtX

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team ;)
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2005, 08:01:38 PM »
I give up... tested with antivirus active and NOT active and get the same error... i used the IQ's trimmed mingw, whole setup, bms utils... aeverithing... and i cannot get rid of that windres: no resources error when compiling resource.rc... i cannot see what's wrong... with the 0.2.94.98 version (even with a clen compile) i don't get any error (warnings yes but error not)... why i cannot compile? and even stranger... why the mingw32-make clean or the make clean command doesn't work in this version? (0.2.95.23) it says "no rule to make target "clean" "... whats wrong?
See ya!!!!!!! :D  :confused:

FB Alpha Plus! site infos updated, see the latest info clicking on my profile link...

Offline FerchogtX

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team ;)
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2005, 08:10:56 PM »
All I know is it not working for me.

FerchogtX It didn't work when you told me unzip the things into MinGW and then try to compile FBA. I still get those same errors.

I still giving up on this new version.

FerchogtX I agreed with you. There is something that isn't working right. I may getting the same problems as you did. Only on my windows xp though. I meain if they released the fba src. Why not have all the things already with the src instead of going through all that trouble finding everything that we need to compile FBA? Lease everything would be there if they do it in my way. I just giving up and it sucks too.

try this again... maybe works maybe not (i don't know... now)
1.- Delete all Mingw dirs (make a bakup first) and fba dirs
2.- Now... here the whole thing:
- Install Mingw 3.1.0-1 from its installer (desinstall first)
- now uncompress that pakages in C:\MinGW (you have to install mingw on that dir, if you have more than 1 partition, use the other partitions to install mingw, sometimes that help, a frined of mine has C: and D: and only in D: Mingw works XD)
- uncompress winapi the same way as you did wit GCC pakages
with that right just follow the normal procediure (uncompress the remaining files into your mingw dir)
-now uncompres fba src in another folder i suggest you C:\fba, is easyer and cleaner
3.- FINISH!
that shpuld work, if not, welcome to the "unable to complile fba 0.2.95.2x club"
See ya!!!!!! :(

Offline DethXec

• Newbies
  • Neo·FBA |dev|
    • Another dot in the Universe
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2005, 03:22:34 AM »
FerchogtX, check this 6-year-old post, maybe it will help > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mingw32/message/614

Disable the AV also, and backup your files.

PD: I really can't believe that the link is working :p

Offline FerchogtX

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team ;)
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2005, 08:14:44 PM »
does that is a windres.exe file?... i'll try out that and tell...
Thanks for the info man :)
See ya!!!!! :D

Offline FerchogtX

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team ;)
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2005, 08:14:29 PM »
Fixed the problem, now I can finally compile FBA XD just add this to the makefile.mingw:
in where you find this @windres $(DEF) -o ... add this before -o option like this:
Code: [Select]
@windres $(DEF) --use-temp-file -o...
with that you can avoid that windres no resources error thanks to dextec

Offline netbug

• Newbies
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2005, 09:54:31 PM »
Congratulations on your coming back to new version at present!
You are so clever,guys! :D

Offline FerchogtX

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team ;)
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2005, 11:27:28 PM »
Is that a joke? XD just kidding, the real effort was to everyone who helped me... was difficult to solve this time...
Maybe at last Jan was right, the command prompt in windows 9x/ME doens't allow commands that are too long...

Offline FerchogtX

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team ;)
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2005, 12:42:21 AM »
Here a lil' prob now... compiled a succesful fbaa.exe... but about menu seems not to work, i click on the "About FB Alpha" menu item, but nothing happens, i made a clean compile about 3 times, without ANY modification, even I've downloaded the oficial binary (exe file) from the fba page... but it has the same problem, anyone figured out how to fix this bug? is strange isn't?